Training in Thailand

EMT

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have you ever considered training in Thailand? Or maybe you are planning a to visit Bangkok? I wrote a post with some tips and advice about living and training in Bangkok: Muay Thai in Thailand

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
to hot for ya??
Not the word I'd use no. I went there years ago to corner a friend who was fighting and I hated every second that he wasn't in the ring. The place was just disgusting and honestly I didn't feel safe the whole time. I said to my friend later. I don't care if you're fighting for a world title I ain't coming back here

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We have a lot of people go because it is cheap. I reall sgould do a week. Mabye puket top team or something.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not the word I'd use no. I went there years ago to corner a friend who was fighting and I hated every second that he wasn't in the ring. The place was just disgusting and honestly I didn't feel safe the whole time. I said to my friend later. I don't care if you're fighting for a world title I ain't coming back here
Sorry you had a bad time. I haven't gone yet but my wife is from Thailand she goes back home with the kids every couple of years for a 2 or 3 month stay. Maybe next year we can afford for me to go for a week or two.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry you had a bad time. I haven't gone yet but my wife is from Thailand she goes back home with the kids every couple of years for a 2 or 3 month stay. Maybe next year we can afford for me to go for a week or two.

My daughter went on her own a couple of years back, she spent a month there and had a wonderful time. She said the locals were friendly and she never felt unsafe. She was in her twenties, not a kid and travelled all around by herself using public transport. If you use your common sense she said you'll be fine.

Latest Discussions