Training in Phoenix

greytowhite

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys where can I find the Balintawak school here in the Phoenix metro? My friend's older brother used to train with Sam Buot but Sam has retired last I heard. My younger gong fu brother is interested in training some Filipino arts so of course this was the first I thought of after seeing my friend's stuff.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Sam Buot is still teaching , even if it just his old or longer time students. You may still use your contacts to get a hold of him and see if one of his students is teaching the general public.

OP
G

greytowhite

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Rich, I'm not really talking with that friend as his on again off again relationship with hard drugs makes it hard to maintain a relationship. The last time we talked he was trying to hock a stolen laptop for drug money so yeah... His older brother was thanked by name in Buot's book but I don't know him at all. Would you happen to know of anyone in Phoenix you could recommend?

JujitsuEskrima76

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys where can I find the Balintawak school here in the Phoenix metro? My friend's older brother used to train with Sam Buot but Sam has retired last I heard. My younger gong fu brother is interested in training some Filipino arts so of course this was the first I thought of after seeing my friend's stuff.

Hi my name is Fergus,
I am under GM Sam Buot and one of his senior student. He is actively teaching on Saturday morning at 9am and Monday evening at 530pm.

Let me know if you are interested, you can find me on Facebook under Fergus Fausto or send a message through here. Sam teaches in Gilbert but his current student like myself, George Bell and Scott Dillingham have some sessions spread throughout the valley. Just make sure you find a current student. Manong Sam has standardized his curriculum to make it autonomous and has evolved and made changes. He is 80 and is assisted with his son Guro Ryan.

Latest Discussions