Training and the Lottery!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If suddenly you woke up tomorrow and discovered that you held the winning State Lottery ticket ( 1-10-100 Million) how would it effect your MA Training??? Just wondering..

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife wants to travel the world, live in other countries, etc. I figure I would tag along :) If we lived in a specific area for a while, I'd study whatever martial art that is indigenous to that country. If we vacationed somewhere for a short time, I'd take in a seminar in that area's martial art. Eventually we would settle down somewhere, at which point I'd commit myself to a specific art/school.
God damn, that would be a great life...

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If suddenly you woke up tomorrow and discovered that you held the winning State Lottery ticket ( 1-10-100 Million) how would it effect your MA Training??? Just wondering..
Id be able to quit my job and train a lot more than I do now, Id also give some money to my instructor to get things for the dojo (ie. Training equipment, bags).

B

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's funny you should bring that up. We were just talking about this Sunday after my Combat Hapkido class. We were discussing the $300 million jackpot and determined we wouldn't be throwing each other on the bicycle shop floor anymore.

$1 million - I'd go ahead and get those DVDs, a quality dobak, and a pair of shoes.

$10 million - Above plus many seminars including international travel, a gym membership or greatly improve my home gym, and maybe give an MA center a try if good teachers are willing to teach at it.

$100 million - Above, but definitely give an MA center a try if good teachers are willing

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After giving a hefty sum to Father Greek to open his own school and quit his job..I'd buy one of those Motor Coaches like the stars have and spend month at a time on the road attending various seminars across..

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After giving a hefty sum to Father Greek to open his own school and quit his job..I'd buy one of those Motor Coaches like the stars have and spend month at a time on the road attending various seminars across..
That sounds like a great idea.

To mine I would like to add that I would find and buy a 1969 Mustang Shelby GT500 and I would purchase and OCC bike (gotta splurge a little)

B

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds like a great idea.

To mine I would like to add that I would find and buy a 1969 Mustang Shelby GT500 and I would purchase and OCC bike (gotta splurge a little)

B

Of course, you must have a vehicle for runs for provisions.....It would be my Dresser and a 1963 Split Window coupe Vette...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Money just gives you more maneuverability and for training purposes and opportunities that is great. Truth be told it would not affect my training that much other than I would definately train over seas a little more often.
icon6.gif
However my students would have the absolute best equipment and opportunities because of it.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since, I would be able to retire, I would spend alot more time training, I'd buy a building and rent space to various martial arts instructors and attend as many different classes and seminars as my body, and my wife, would allow.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've always wanted to be that guy that gets on tv after winning millions in the lottery and, when they ask them what he's going to do now, replies, "I think I'll pay off some bills, get a new set of tires for my truck."

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Well, i'd be buying land and building my own place with a training studio. No more dancing around bins and cars in the garage to use my punching bag! I'd also be able to pay my teacher on time, which i'm sure he'd like, as well as pay for private lessons and oh, get him to treat that troublesome left shoulder...
icon10.gif

I'd also get top notch private health insurance.
I'd also go on the next China trip my school takes!
I'd also splash out on a recurve bow/archery gear, so i don't have to rely on club equipment.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Much like qi-tah, I'd finally be able to have built that Nihon-style dojo that I've always wanted :D.