Total pain in the...wrist

Whitebelt

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I need advice from more experienced people. For about four months now I have been having slight pains in my left wrist, recently it has worsened considerably plus I have recently dicovered a boney lump in the back of my wrist that I do not have on the right (this may be coincidental). I have tried streching it but it hurts when I do, I reasise I could try harder but it feels as if the pain would worsen.

Do you think I should simply strech it often, treat it lightly and wait for it to pass, or shall I take further steps.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, you should see a doctor. It sounds like a ganglion cyst.

See a doctor.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fourth time: see a doctor. It could be nothing - but it could be something. Only a doctor can tell you one way or the other; even if one of us was a doctor, we couldn't tell you anything sight unseen.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
---------------
Moderator Note:

Thread moved to "Health Tips".

Jonathan Randall
MT Moderator

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
The pain is the trigger. I recently had a ganglion cyst as referenced above...showed up after heavy pressing session...no pain, no big deal. Had another heavy pressing session, went away. Number 5 or 6: See a doc.

OP
Whitebelt

Whitebelt

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like what I had. You might want to look at my thread on this topic in the Health forum.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35931

You can see the last entry I posted today to that threat.

- Ceicei

I think it is nowhere near as bad as one of them (the pain only comes when it is held in a certain position or pressure is applied). Do you think it's worth going to see a doctor even if the pain is not constant?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it is nowhere near as bad as one of them (the pain only comes when it is held in a certain position or pressure is applied). Do you think it's worth going to see a doctor even if the pain is not constant?

Yes, it does mean you should see a doctor - because even an inconstant pain is an indication of a problem, and if it remains over time then it is a sign of a long-term problem.

OP
Whitebelt

Whitebelt

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the concern all.
To Ceicei I wish; fast healing. And I thank everyone else.