TKD Shoes

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
For those of you who wear shoes for training, what kind do you use and do you rate them?

I tried the Nike In-Nae shoes, but didn't really get on with them, I didn't find them very comfortable. Otherwise I always used small brand ones.

I used to like the look of the Adidas SM-II, but am now looking at adidas Ultra 3 TKD Shoes. Anyone tried these? Are the adidas ones good and comfortable?

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I almost always train in shoes outside of the dojang. I wear adidas kundos and my current pair Ive had for nearly 18 months and are just now starting to show signs of wear. I kick the heavy bag in them and give them a bit of punishment too. The style I have are no longer available so I hope the new kundos are just as good.

rip_dorey

White Belt
Reaction score
These NIKE shoes are the best for the kyerugi training. They are very solid. Also that was the most popular model in Korea in sport High Schools and Univ.

a38720_innaefr.jpg

Mooto Spirit are best for the technique training. I guess they are the lightest and the most comfortable shoes. My personal favourite, sometimes I even were them at home...

mooto%20spirit%20ultralight%20shoes.JPG

OP
F

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting that you favour the Nike ones there, they are the ones I tried and didn't really get on with. Might look into the Mooto ones though. Cheers.

rip_dorey

White Belt
Reaction score
Interesting that you favour the Nike ones there, they are the ones I tried and didn't really get on with. Might look into the Mooto ones though. Cheers.

You know they are quite heavy, but very solid. I haven't seen anybody to destroy them. Even in korean sport univ, where guys train everyday for a few hours, most guys have them. When you take them you are ultra fast during sparring. They are good, if you are doing saprring training. Otherwise I would recommend mooto. Kwon, adidas, daedo etc. are really medicore in terms of taekwondo equipment, especially shoes.