My birthday present

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night before a long wait I could go to the ADIDAS store in my city and bougth a new dobok ans a new pair if tkd shoes. There weher not much to choose about so I settle in the Adidas Adichamp II and a new brand (to me) of tkd shoes presumably made to adidas for a company name Dae Young (DaeYoung B.S) in korea.

I spend around U$D150.00, yes I know maybe it's a lot but but remeber these are imported items and the imports teaxes are something to consider.

BTW this is my first adidas dobok ever, I have been using MOOTO and a local brand (ASIANA).

Manny

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sounds nice.

Houston has two Adidas stores, but neither sells martial arts gear or uniforms. 8-(

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
good stuff Manny, and happy birthday. I wear adidas kundos as my training shoes for at home doing bag work and I love them.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Last night before a long wait I could go to the ADIDAS store in my city and bougth a new dobok ans a new pair if tkd shoes. There weher not much to choose about so I settle in the Adidas Adichamp II and a new brand (to me) of tkd shoes presumably made to adidas for a company name Dae Young (DaeYoung B.S) in korea.

I spend around U$D150.00, yes I know maybe it's a lot but but remeber these are imported items and the imports teaxes are something to consider.

BTW this is my first adidas dobok ever, I have been using MOOTO and a local brand (ASIANA).

Manny

Happy birthday Manny. Good choice on the Adichamp. I've had many, both 1 and 2,and they have served me well. One thing I will say is they last longer if you get them in the machine straight away after training. Otherwise they jave a tendency to yellow, even with the fancy silver bio-coating.

I'm due a new one soon too.

Hope the shoe help with your heel.

Gnarlie

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Happy birthday! Hope the purchases work out well for you.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Happy belated birthday Manny! Enjoy the new gear!

good stuff Manny, and happy birthday. I wear adidas kundos as my training shoes for at home doing bag work and I love them.

I have a pair for deadlifting :) They're fantastic shoes.

Metal

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sounds nice.

Houston has two Adidas stores, but neither sells martial arts gear or uniforms. 8-(

It's the same all over Germany. Eventhough Adidas is a German company and therefore has excellent distribution and own stores,, the Adidas martial arts gear has nothing to do with the company Adidas, except that Adidas licenses their name to other companies manufacturing the gear. So a smaller distribution company is taking care of the Adidas martial arts business over here and you'll have to go through martial arts stores in oder to buy the Adidas TKD gear.

On top of that the German distributor of Adidas TKD doesn't even carry the full line of gear. :-/

Had to buy my doboks from a store in the Netherlands and my shoes from the UK.

sopraisso

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Manny!
You got a nice piece there, that's a good quality dobok. Some guys at my dojang have it -- but they usually save it for use only in special occasions. :D

Aiseant

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Happy birthday to you, Manny !

I envy you, Adidas Dobok are generally very good stuff, and from what I've seen, make an awesome noise when you move ... doing poomse with that is just amazing :)