TKD in Orange County, CA

jnguyen

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm incredibly new as a student to TKD, infact i will be getting my dobok (or is it dobak?) tomorrow.

I'm currently a student at the University of California, Irvine. And until recently, there was no TKD offered at our recreatonal facilities. I just started the class last week and wanted to know if anyone has heard of Grandmaster Tom Vo, who is now my instructor i guess.

here's his website:
http://www.tomvo.tv/

any thoughts?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are training with agreat instructor, why is it you are asking if he is any good? Since he is an international referee and a formal Poomsae team member and champion. His record speaks for themself. Have fun and enjoy.

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You are training with agreat instructor, why is it you are asking if he is any good? Since he is an international referee and a formal Poomsae team member and champion. His record speaks for themself. Have fun and enjoy.

And he's a Chung Do Kwan GM. How could you go wrong. :) Enjoy your foray into the world of KMA and TKD.

OP
J

jnguyen

White Belt
Reaction score
Just more curious than anything. Was wondering if anyone might have trained with him, etc.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've not trained with him. I'm in Northern LA County. But his reputation is first rate!

BP714

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I actually trained with master Tom Vo about 12 years ago and wanted to continue under him, but my parents said his place was too far when he moved location. He was a very good master and just recently I was hoping to train under him again. I'm a little jealous he is the instructor for UCI, since I went to UCR and just recently we made a team to compete. We are still trying to find an instructor. I know UCI has been struggling to make a team, but I bet that will change now that Master Vo is there now. You guys are in good hands.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions