Tiger Vs Snake - Note the difference between the two strategies

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I've been looking for this video everywhere and I finally found it on youtube. Check out the battle between the tiger and the reticulated python. Note the differences in the strategies and note how this fight turns out.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting. The Tiger keeps pressing his attack, biting aggressively and trying to cause pain. The Snake just takes it and keeps coiling and tightening. Guess that's why he lost; you can't keep tightening when you've been mauled by a tiger.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
JT - did you watch the whole video? At the end, the snake tricks the tiger and almost kills it.

To me, this video represents the difference between a grappling and a striking approach. The tiger is very aggressive and is pressing the attack, while the snake uses its body to protect itself and get the tiger in position for a counter. Finally, unbeknownst to the tiger who has been worked into position, the snake "strikes" and puts the tiger in a submission.

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
I watched the whole video. The tiger went after the snake too. But I was going for the general strategy of the snake. He just kept trying to get an extra coil up over the tiger. And he would've had the tiger, if it weren't for the tiger's constant attack, weakening the snake's grip.

Very interesting to watch, though.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I thought the tiger was young and maybe a little under mass for a full grown adult. I thought the snake was a good representative of its' size and species.

The tiger kept trying to turn and keep the snake from wrapping it up. And even with a single wrap it would jump and move and hunch to break free. (* aka Ground fighting or countering a technqiue *) Then the tiger used its teeth and claws to attack or counter attack. I saw that the snake would strike at the tiger so the snake was also looking to strike and cause damage, and use it as a way to enter.

To me though, I kept saying to myself, Shoot the snake. "I hate snake!" and most of the other cold blooded and insect/arachnid types.

Latest Discussions