Tibetan White Crane, Fist Set

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome, loved it! Can't say I understand forms from other styles but dang I love watching them :). Thanks for posting :)

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like Simon said ( :) ), I have no clue what Im really watching, but it was pretty cool. I think I understood the uppercuts and elbows though.

Is that you doing the form?
Yup, that was me from about eight years ago.
I posted some others that were more recent, from a few months ago. Trying to get everything documented on video for reference. Ive found that as life takes me in other directions it can be disruptive to my training and I sometimes need to scratch my head a bit to remember some of them.

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like Simon said ( :) ), I have no clue what Im really watching, but it was pretty cool. I think I understood the uppercuts and elbows though.

Is that you doing the form?
If you have specific questions, I will try to answer them.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, that was me from about eight years ago.
I posted some others that were more recent, from a few months ago. Trying to get everything documented on video for reference. Ive found that as life takes me in other directions it can be disruptive to my training and I sometimes need to scratch my head a bit to remember some of them.
I've done a lot of head scratching myself on the aikido koryu katas we don't do so often. Something will come up in class, someone's got a question, and one of the gnomes in my memory bank will wave a hand saying, "Hey, Boss... I think there is a sawari-waza technique set that teaches on that student's question."

Me, "Yeah? Well, go get me that video file."

*scratching ensues*

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
It could be my gross misunderstanding, but...

A very good proportion of that set looked like it would make more sense if you were using a blade of some sort.

Is it supposed to be fully empty hand or does it later translate to work with weapons?

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It could be my gross misunderstanding, but...

A very good proportion of that set looked like it would make more sense if you were using a blade of some sort.

Is it supposed to be fully empty hand or does it later translate to work with weapons?
It is the first half of our primary beginner level empty-hand set. The rooting and rotational principles that drive the empty hand techniques apply equally well in our weapons sets. So no, this set is not meant to be a weapon set, but you have made a good and insightful observation.

windwalker099

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tibetan white crane my first introduction, to the world of CMA

clip shows some of the training as coached by
Ron Dong,,Mike Staples, my teacher back in the 70s.
both trained under Gorge Long....long ago