MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Three cardinal rules of Self-Defense:

1. Don't go stupid places.

2. Don't do stupid things.

3. Don't be around stupid people.

The advice can save lives...and may also make a hero's life just a little bit easier.

This is an amalgamated story of one evening...

First through the eyes of a street cop...

Next through the eyes of an ambulance driver...

Then through the eyes of an ER Nurse

Yep, heroes one and all. Not to mention the 911 operator(s) who take our calls and dispatch with best urgency the proper emergency personnel to us. Then there are the fire-fighters whose jobs are to risk their lives for us, and to help us out of life threatening situations that may or may not require LEO's.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
5 W's of self defense:
1. wrong place
2. wrong time
3. wrong people
4. wrong attitude
5. wrong technique.

Cuong Nhu philosophy... The 5 R's are the same, just replace 'wrong' with 'right', and 'wrong technique' becomes 'run'.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yep, heroes one and all. Not to mention the 911 operator(s) who take our calls and dispatch with best urgency the proper emergency personnel to us. Then there are the fire-fighters whose jobs are to risk their lives for us, and to help us out of life threatening situations that may or may not require LEO's.

Well said Caver...Those people are VERY IMPORTANT...

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't forget telecom engineers that keep 911 up and running ;)

Just kidding... :D

I hope you folks have a chance to read the blog entries from the three people...the story is very moving.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I agree nice post Ma-caver

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Long to read, but worth every second of the time it takes. I showed the ER nurses blog to my wife, and she shrugged and replied, "Yeah we have days like that, they suck." That one really brought home the times she comes home and sits down on the couch to hug the boys and then sits there with them until she falls asleep. My hats off to all of you who do these things, or are at least prepared to do them everyday. :asian:

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, My other name is PID, Last name spell P, I, D.....my first name is Stu...spell S,T,U,....most people call me by my first name and last (Stu pid).

Stu pids style of martials arts is an effective form. Stu Pids' ways works ALL the time.

Many times the students want to be like their master: by acting Stu Pid!

This style of copying has shown to be very effective!

For more informations on: Stu Pids' martial arts.....?

E-mail: StuPidsmartialarts(at)learnfaststupidwaystodefendoneselfwithsimmpletechniquesusingStuPidsprovenstyleof learninginthreedaysorlessthosewhocannotlearnquicklywillhaveadditional9ye
arsaddedforonlybylisteningtoourcassettetapeswhickcanbepurchaseonlinethruthemmail.

We all can choose to learn? Stu Pids' ways ....not easy...takes work...Aloha

PS:Example of one lesson? Always learn to run faster than chaser who wants to harm you. (foot works shown on cassette tapes also).

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was probably the most moving thing I've ever read on the Net, Carol.

Thank you for linking us to it, many thanks to the people that wrote it and deepest thanks to the people represented by it :rei:.

Latest Discussions