This is why you dont help people...

S

sasquatchnaruto

Man what has this world come to when you cant help another person out, why would you set up an ambush like that

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In todays world I think the best advice is to call someone on the cell phone about the problem and (if you really want to help) let the person know you've called. This might detere them from attacking if they know help might be coming from around the corner. 20 years ago this wasn't a so.

I use to stop and try and help, I thought it was the right thing to do. Till a co-worker dissapeared from work for a few days and when he finally came back his face was busted up and his jaw wired shut.

On his way to work he was driving along the freeway down to Waco, I think from up near Dallas or Ft. Worth (he had a long commute). I imagine it was still dark in the early morning. Anyway he saw a car with the hood up and a woman standing there. He figured it waasn't a good time or place to be broken down so he stopped. He looked under her hood and he sensed someone coming up on the side. Somehow he hit the women as the attack commenced and he was hit in the face with a crowbar or something.

He was robbed and left on the side of the road. I forget the rest of how he got to the hospital and such. But his stroy as he told it to me and his pain and everything he went through made a big impression on me since I stopped that day (of hearing the story) of stopping on the highway to help.

Mark

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't proof read my last post. I meant 20 years ago we didn't have cell phones like we do today, so that option wasn't available. I was distracted and forgot to finish my point.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was in NZ and I was filling up the Suzuki SideKick we rented, and I asked a local about picking up hitch-hikers going up the hill to ski. She never looked at me and said "You can pick them up and give them a ride", and then she turned to put the nozzle back and looked at me and said, "You just can't KILL them!" She jumped into her vehicle and drove off without paying for her gas.

:rofl: Dude, why does this not suprise me.

WHat you guys don't know is that this happeneds about twice a week to Rich on a regular basis! :wink1:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
:rofl: Dude, why does this not suprise me.

WHat you guys don't know is that this happeneds about twice a week to Rich on a regular basis! :wink1:

"Nobody knows the troubles I've seen . . ."

Yes, I am big and scary, yet, I am not really that way on the inside. :angel:

Latest Discussions