"Thinning out" the fat martial artists

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From eading some of the posts I belive part of what occured at the test was political, part was to pull more money out of some of you, and some was (perhaps) to see you improve your health.
Failing so many or at least not giveing you/them their belt becaus of weight is "Bull". If that was a requirement it should have been made befor the test and any testing fees.
If you passed on your ability you PASSED

Mithios

Green Belt
Reaction score
This instructor is testing you,to see how much control he has over you,and how much you will put up with!! I went through the same with an instructor.We finally all got fed up with the controling crap,and left to form our own school.That was a long time ago,and let it suffice to say that we are still here, and he is not! If you put up with it.I doubt you will like yourself in the end. Mithios

Mithios

Green Belt
Reaction score
Put organization in place of instructor in my earlier post and you get the same thing! If it's the org. Then your instructor need's to decide if he's there for his students or the organization. Mithios

E

elcajon555

The story has not changed, I was there, just more details being shared because of misunderstanding. Three of the other people who failed that test failed because in the past three years they had inconstitent attendance, even thought at the time of the test and the months before the test they were at class regularly. One person missed some classes because of soccer in the fall and the other two missed classes because of finishing school and they were told they failed because they had missed classes in the past. Which has nothing to do with how they did, in fact the one person whos form was "acceptable" was one of the ones who failed because of soccer. And as for the weight issue, for me to be the "ideal" weight for my height is within 15 pounds, which isn;t even clasified as fat by medical professionals. And they have never brough up weight before to me until that test.

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OK, the story has just changed again.

Now, the problem is not with the instructor, it is not with the association, it is with the students. :idunno:

If that's true, then shame on you for dissing your instructor and your associaiton. But...If it's not true...if they have just brow-beat you into believing that you are not worthy...well then, my previous advice stands.

Latest Discussions