Thinking

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Since i've been in taekwondo i've thought..ALOT. It's like that's all i do is think, im not really even sure sometimes what im thinking about. i really enjoy meditation and just...thinking. Is it kinda odd tho to be thinking like constantly? Sometimes at night if i cant sleep ill go up on the roof and look at the stars and think. If i have time ill go off in the woods to my certain spot and just think. Lol my mom thinks im a lazy bum but honestly i just love to think.

Most of the time i think about Martial arts, and what i need to improve on, and what my weaknesses are. I also get mad at my self very easily, like alot of times after sparring class ill be mad at my self, because i think i did rotten. Do you think im overthinking? (lol i realize this is kinda dumb but i donno)

Laborm.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thinking is Ok but you should be mediatating which is not thinking it is a form of relaxing your body and mind and as long as you are thinking the mind can not rest.

Remember fighting or sparring is a re-action and thinking is just to slow to your opponet actions. Also never over think come up with ways to get off certain subject on a day to day basis even if it means taking up rideing a bike or playing basketball or going bowling to give the mind rest from MA.
Terry

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Laborn said:
Since i've been in taekwondo i've thought..ALOT. It's like that's all i do is think, im not really even sure sometimes what im thinking about. i really enjoy meditation and just...thinking. Is it kinda odd tho to be thinking like constantly? Sometimes at night if i cant sleep ill go up on the roof and look at the stars and think. If i have time ill go off in the woods to my certain spot and just think. Lol my mom thinks im a lazy bum but honestly i just love to think.

Most of the time i think about Martial arts, and what i need to improve on, and what my weaknesses are. I also get mad at my self very easily, like alot of times after sparring class ill be mad at my self, because i think i did rotten. Do you think im overthinking? (lol i realize this is kinda dumb but i donno)

Laborm.

Dude it is the same with me...except my thinking isnt so long.....I think about what I have to improve and right here and then I practice!

Sounds to me like you are a dreamer...the soul of a artist...you may want to try your hand at art (the non martial kind)...like painting or something!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Reading your post was like a flashback. So since you asked, I'll answer. Think less. Do more. It all comes to you in the end anyway. I agree with Terry. The time spent in meditation is much more productive.

OP
L

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
Dude it is the same with me...except my thinking isnt so long.....I think about what I have to improve and right here and then I practice!

Sounds to me like you are a dreamer...the soul of a artist...you may want to try your hand at art (the non martial kind)...like painting or something!

Lol i am pretty good at drawing, i draw often :D.

But like is it bad to think constantly...lately *past few months* i've had a very hard time sleeping, i cant sleep. Everytime i start to drift off i think of something in martial arts or something that makes me sad. Hence if it's martial arts i start working out, if it's sad i start trying to think of ways to make the situation happy.

Latest Discussions