They may be big and sometimes slow but when the hit! (Ouch)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, it was big, it was slow... but damn... bet that guy didn't see it coming... had to have broken his nose. Heh.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That was actually pretty quick and smooth for a tornado kick...and he pulled that off while the attacker was committed to attacking. Nice. Sometimes these kicks can be set up with various screen techniques, making them very effective.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea I thought it was pretty quick as well, it is amazing when I see someone get cought with that kick

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The guys in my club tease me about being a slow kicker, but not one of them ever wants to be at the receiving end. ;)

Nice clip.

I would have to say the winner should good timing and the defeated person should lack of respect for the spin as both hands were at chest level.

Thanks

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You rarely see something like that connect it is nice to see what happens when it works (ok maybe not for the guy who got his head knocked off)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking he shoulda kept his eyes on his opponent.

That way it woulda hit the SIDE of his head instead of his nose. ;)

Ouchy :)

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would have to say the winner should good timing and the defeated person should lack of respect for the spin as both hands were at chest level.

I remember a class where we as defenders had to tuck our hands into our belts such that we could not use them. The attacker then proceded to hit us with a foam "noodle" (we had headgear on). THe point was: THIS IS WHY YOU ALWAYS KEEP YOUR HANDS UP!!!

Kind of hard to drop your guard after getting hit with a piece of foam for 45 minutes..LOL!

Definitely a nick kick though.

kanjc

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That was great, gains a little more respect for us big guys. I am 5'7" and over 250lbs, I might not be that fast but when I connect people usually either go down or stay far away from my short little legs.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice clip. The tornado kick isn't something I'd recommend for tournaments though we do it on the heavy bag as it is fun to practice. I have seen them score, but generally the players are mis-matched.

Miles