ThePinkMan

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah? Is it like the move Spaceballs?

From what I know about Tai Chi it has nothing to do with Spaceballs. Here is the video and you can judge for yourself.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
From what I know about Tai Chi it has nothing to do with Spaceballs. Here is the video and you can judge for yourself.

First there are branches of Tai Chi some are not fighting styles more here:- Tai chi - Wikipedia

They are more about relaxation Qi Gong / Chi Power......... etc

The more aggressive styles of Tai Chi are similar to Wushu

I think like I have said a few times in various threads its more about the person how they represent their martial arts knowledge and skills or proficiency, as the they learn the art but train for the fight, so to speak.

If you are not fit, but overweight, flat footed no spring in your feet, can barely run up and down its not the Martial Art form style but again you representing it.

They just don't train their bodies in every area like jumping high for kicks or good punching power or good footwork its just not their, makes you wonder what are they on about.

I think some people just enjoy the martial art style but don't know how to use it in a real fight they are like a statue they don't move or perform.

They simply don't represent themselves or the martial art they claim to master or practice!

Anyway I also was looking at this...................

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
First there are branches of Tai Chi some are not fighting styles more here:- Tai chi - Wikipedia

They are more about relaxation Qi Gong / Chi Power......... etc

The more aggressive styles of Tai Chi are similar to Wushu

I think like I have said a few times in various threads its more about the person how they represent their martial arts knowledge and skills or proficiency, as the they learn the art but train for the fight, so to speak.

If you are not fit, but overweight, flat footed no spring in your feet, can barely run up and down its not the Martial Art form style but again you representing it.

They just don't train their bodies in every area like jumping high for kicks or good punching power or good footwork its just not their, makes you wonder what are they on about.

I think some people just enjoy the martial art style but don't know how to use it in a real fight they are like a statue they don't move or perform.

They simply don't represent themselves or the martial art they claim to master or practice!

Anyway I also was looking at this...................

Yeah but it is also like a mate of mine who wanted to do MMA cos he was pretty strong and that.

And I had to explain that they are all pretty strong.

At some point you may run up against a guy who is not a chump. At which point you need your house in order.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does that guy show you how to defend yourself from "knee on face"? I'll tell you what, when it's being done to you by a brown belt, power lifter, who's nickname is crusher, controlling his shoulder isn't going to do the trick.

One has to love t"he knee on the face"!

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wu Shu (武術), pronounced in Japanese as bujutsu, literally translates as "martial skills/arts". Taiji chuan (Taiji/Tai Chi) is one form of martial arts, specifically Chinese... hence, Taiji IS Wu Shu (Chinese martial arts).

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wu Shu (武術), pronounced in Japanese as bujutsu, literally translates as "martial skills/arts". Taiji chuan (Taiji/Tai Chi) is one form of martial arts, specifically Chinese... hence, Taiji IS Wu Shu (Chinese martial arts).
A matter of curiosity, Chris - is there a Chinese equivalent of Japanese "do" that is used much in relation to martial arts?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, "do" is the Japanese on'yomi pronunciation of the Chinese character 道... the kun'yomi (native Japanese) reading is "michi"... which is pronounced "tao" in Chinese. As in "Taoism", "Taoist", "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do" (which always amuses me... "the way of the way of the intercepting fist"... ha!). Aside from the JKD book title, despite Taoism being a major influence on a number of Chinese systems, I am unfamiliar with any categorisation of martial systems using the term, the same way that "Do" is used for Judo, Kendo, Karate-do, Iaido, Kyudo etc.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(which always amuses me... "the way of the way of the intercepting fist"... ha!)
Thanks. I knew "tao" was also translated to "way" (so the above has always amused me, too), but wasn't aware it was the same word (which makes it even more odd - like saying it is amusingly amusante.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I mean what do you even say to these guys?

I'd tell them to work on avoidance at all costs! ...after all, with that kind of training, if they ever have to use it, somebody is going to get really messed up.

I just wouldn't waste my time pointing out who that somebody is going to be. ;)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Learn something new every day: International Wushu Federation

What is Wushu
Wushu, which is also referred to as kung-fu, is the collective term for the martial art practices which originated and developed in China, and wushu is the well-spring of all Asian martial practices. Over its long history, wushu has developed into numerous distinct styles and systems, each incorporating their own techniques, tactics, principles and methods, as well as the use of a wide variety of traditional weaponry. The differing styles that have emerged focus on many aspects of combat, but more importantly they have absorbed the popular philosophies and moral practices of the people in China over the past 5000 years of development. With that, wushu has developed into more than just a simple system of attack and defense and has become a way to cultivate the body, mind and spirit in a positive way that is beneficial to all that practice it.
This is what I've heard about:
Sport wushu is categorized into two main categories, namely Taolu (Routines Competition) and Sanda (Free-Fighting Competition).

Punisher1204

White Belt
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with ThePinkMan? He has a youtube channel where he analyzes all sorts of martial arts. Some arts he strongly criticises other arts he advocates or at least emphasizes the strong points of the art. Some of the stuff he says I find useful although I am skeptical about some of the other stuff he says. Here is his youtube channel.

ThePinkMan
Ive actually confronted The Pinkman about his experience with martial arts, he claims to be a pitfighter but when i asked him for any kinda video proof or picture proof he would never provide it. All he would give me was a excerpt from a Bullshido interview he claims is him.

kenburke

White Belt
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with ThePinkMan? He has a youtube channel where he analyzes all sorts of martial arts. Some arts he strongly criticises other arts he advocates or at least emphasizes the strong points of the art. Some of the stuff he says I find useful although I am skeptical about some of the other stuff he says. Here is his youtube channel.

ThePinkMan
I would like to know exactly which martial art(s) he has studied.

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
he seems to have lots of wrestling photos on his walls - maybe he did that?

Latest Discussions