The Stuff of Nightmares...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last night I fell asleep on the couch in my basement rec-room. In the early morning (maybe 4 am)I was awakened, albiet groggy, by the sounds of someone outside the recroom "door" (The door is not installed yet, its more of a temp baracade made out of two other doors in the hallway that I open into each other). I listened for a second, and thought it must have been my imagination, but, being cautious, as I am, I reached up to the ledge above the couch and grabbed my H&K, slipped the holster under the blanket I had pulled over me, and proceded to fall back asleep. An undetermined time later I was awakened again by someone, only this time I was sure they were in the room, and at the head of the couch. I tipped my head up slightly but could not see over the couch as my face was buried in a pillow that I had been using to watch TV with... so I reached up to move the edge of the pillow, but having just awoken, I had that "morning weakness" that comes when you are still groggy and half-asleep, where my arm wouldnt respond well to my commands and my gripping power was lacking. I heard someone distinctly over me, and gripped the HK with the hand that was still under the blanket and pulled it from the holster and yelled for Dug, my roommate, whos bedroom is above the recroom. My voice came out in a low croak, and I doubted it was loud enough for him to hear... but the person at the head of the couch did, because they reached out and grabbed my arm and started to haul me off the couch. I swung my other hand up blindly with the HK and prepared to fire off a couple rounds hoping to hell that i could hit whoever it was...

When I sat bolt upright in a panic. I had never woken up the first time. The H&K was still on the ledge in its holster, no one had awoken me, either time, no one was in the house, I never panicked and yelled, none of it. The entire episode had been a freakish, very very real nightmare... made all the more real by the fact that it was so grounded in reality... I had fallen asleep on the couch, with a big, deep, fluffy pillow... The HK was in that holster on the ledge above the couch, where I put it after I cleaned it... everything in the dream mirrored its reality. It was like a bad horror movie where the hero wakes up, something happens, and he re-awakes and realizes it was a dream the first time he woke up. It was NOT a happy experience.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh man. I've had similar dreams where it's so real it takes a few minutes to register you were just dreamimg once you wake up. You think thank God it was only a dream but you keep thinking about it like it really happened. I hate dreams like that.

You didn't happen to notice Freddy Kruger hanging around did you?....... :anic:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah - maybe space aliens did come and kidnap you and altered your memory and placed your gun back where it was originally and you just think you were dreaming.

I'm only half-serious here - of course, that means I'm only half-joking.

I have had similar nightmares - and I think those are the worst kind, those that emulate reality so closely you're not sure of anything anymore. I began to question the dimensions of time and space and our existence on this Earth plane.

Things that make you go "hmmmmmmm...."

Never fear - your gun will always protect you. :mp5:

V

Vadim

What a dream! The mind has a funny way of making things seem real. I agree with Zepp that it was a good thing you were not really holding your gun.

-Vadim

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh Good Lord.. if my dreams were real............ *twitch*

Anyhoo John.. you must of woken up during that REM stage.. I hate that~! I've seen Seig do stuff in his sleep and am glad the guns were out of reach~!!

*mumbling bout elephants in my bedroom eating marshmallows*

Glad you're ok~! *Well as OK as You can Get ;)

D

Deuce

Technopunk said:
so I reached up to move the edge of the pillow, but having just awoken, I had that "morning weakness" that comes when you are still groggy and half-asleep, where my arm wouldnt respond well to my commands and my gripping power was lacking.
This sounds like it could be an episode of sleep paralysis. I've had dreams where I'm positive that I'm awake, but I can't move, and I sense an evil presence within the room. I've been picked up, spun around the room and dragged down the hallway. The intensity of fear experienced during a sleep paralysis (SP) episode surpasses any nightmare I ever had.

I find the subject extremely interesting as I have experienced almost all of the symptoms of documented SP at one time or another. Techno, I urge you to look into the subject and read some of the experiences listed. I bet you'll be surprised of the similarities to your own experience.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Deuce said:
I've had dreams where I'm positive that I'm awake, but I can't move, and I sense an evil presence within the room
I had this happen to me once many, many years ago. It was one of the most terrifying things I've ever experienced.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Deuce said:
This sounds like it could be an episode of sleep paralysis. I've had dreams where I'm positive that I'm awake, but I can't move, and I sense an evil presence within the room. I've been picked up, spun around the room and dragged down the hallway. The intensity of fear experienced during a sleep paralysis (SP) episode surpasses any nightmare I ever had.

I find the subject extremely interesting as I have experienced almost all of the symptoms of documented SP at one time or another. Techno, I urge you to look into the subject and read some of the experiences listed. I bet you'll be surprised of the similarities to your own experience.
Cool, thanks, Ive never heard of that... Ill check it out

Latest Discussions