The Million $$ Question...

Dun Ringill

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmcrobertson
Sorry, Elwood, not interested in carrying on a conversation with someone who won't use their name and appears in other ways disingenuous.

Sincerely,
Joliet Jake

It is unfortunate that someone of your intelligence and with your martial arts talent and potential (yes I can make a statement of your talent as I have seen you work on the mats) would shut out a possible relationship or chance to learn something because of a name. But, we all have choices to make on our journey, I am merely a pathfinder for some and a beacon for others. Good luck in all you do.

Salute

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Sorry. Name not issue, only symptom.

Sincerely,
Joliet Jake

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
the unveiling of this individual at the Pasadena Homecoming doesn't turn into a surreal replay of an old gladiator movie....

I'm Dun Rungill.... no I'm Dun Rungill... no I'm Dun...

Respects,
Bill Parsons

OP
J

John LaTurno

On the east coast of the Strathaird peninsula, on Skye, this Iron Age broch-like structure is situated on a rocky promontory.
It is roughly D-shaped, one side being formed by the sea cliff. The walls are up to 4.5m thick.
The entrance passage is to the north-west and is complete with door-checks and bar-holes. To the south, within the wall there is a large oval cell, measuring 1.5m x 5.5m.
The site was occupied in Medieval times by the chief of the MacKinnon clan. The rectangular ruins inside the dun are of that date. It's name = DUN RINGILL

Dun Ringill

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The mystery deepens. Outstanding research, Mr. Laturno. I hope to see you this evening at the homecoming.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Have to say Dun, even though you've never really responded to me in any way, shape, or fashion, that you have the Kenpo world reeling. I hope this does not turn out to be a "non-event", as I do believe, in my advanced years that I would be well, and truly crushed.

Take care ... Whatever your name.

Dan "'Atsa my name! Don't wear it out" Farmer

OP
S

Scott Bonner

Dun Ringill,

Okay. It seemed you were opportunistically jumping on the Kenponet when it was temporarily down, so to speak. The problem wasn't the fault of the Kenponet or it's managers, and it could happen to any forum that doesn't do pre-screening of posts. I don't see how you thought it was a good idea to come over here and talk smack.

But, I will take you at your word that that was your intention. If so, I have been wrong about what appeared to be your aims. Let me say I think it was an honest and easy mistake for me to make, given your introductory salvo on the thread to kill the Kenponet. I can certainly agree that we don't need a forum where people get their laughs by homophobe-baiting and retaliatory gay-bashing. It's the lowest kind of interaction, and especially stupid since the whole thing was kicked off by what appeared to be an honest post on one person's troubles with finding a school that wasn't full of homophobia. Think how that poor guy feels. I'm glad the moderators killed it off.

"The point was not about shutting the kenponet down, it was about stopping the disrespectful trolls who had nothing better to do than sling homosexual innuendo at the pinnacles of kenpo as a joke. We both want the same thing."

If you had opened with this, I would have not had an issue.

"I was frustrated and venting with the status of the kenpo family and their attitudes online. It has been something I have been watching for quite sometime. Image is given more weight in today's kenpo world than substance."

On this we can agree wholeheartedly. I sometimes sigh when I see someone say that time will judge who is good and who is bad, 'cause it won't, hasn't, and likely never will. Incompetent martial artists are all over, doing quite well, thank you, mostly due to our obsession with the superficial. It's yet another symptom of what I think is possibly the number one problem in our society today, the valuing of the superficial over the substantive.

Give me a few days and I'll tell you all about it. :)

"Scott I hope you and I can come to a peaceful agreement on this situation. Even if it is to disagree."

I think it's getting better now. I won't bother with the secondary concern of threatening to bash Clyde with your purple belt clumsiness; I don't go a week without seeing a couple of those kind of comments on here or on Kenponet (though never on the TKD forums I read, oddly enough. :rolleyes:

"There is no need to attack my character, I made a decision that you disagreed with, but what did you do to fix the problem?"

I did a little behind the scenes, what I could. And, in public I made a post to point out they were trolling (for those too trusting to admit it) and posts saying "Don't feed the trolls". I didn't say anything over here because I figured it wasn't a MT issue unless the moderators could find a way to help. I didn't get too bothered because I knew Josh and Clint would put a stop to it soon enough. That caliber of thing has happened before, both there and here.

"One time I was learning a technique from the Old Man and he was attacking me and making me respond (I was a brown belt at the time)..."

Safe to say you aren't a purple, then? ;)

Seriously, why don't you speak as you, without smoke and mirrors and dodging responsibility. If you feel you spoke rightly, then speak forthrightly.

I don't mind anonymous posters who ask good questions or make good comments, but the ones who speak anonymously just so they can more easily get away with starting shat make me quite annoyed. That's what you appeared to be doing.

Okay, now I think my best move is to leave this alone for a while. I'll come back on Monday and look things over and see if I've overreacted or gone too far in my assaults on your character, as you put it. If so, I will apologize. If someone figures out who you are and lets us all know by then, then I'll see about apologizing personally (by email) as well. If I don't think I've gone too far, I'll just try and let the whole thing drop and forget it ever happened, and next time I see you in the real world (if I ever figure out who you are) we can laugh about it and assume you meant well.

We'll see.

Peace,
Scott
P.S. I try to be slow to wrath, quick to calm. I don't always succeed.

Dun Ringill

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scott Bonner
Dun Ringill,

Okay. It seemed you were opportunistically jumping on the Kenponet when it was temporarily down, so to speak. The problem wasn't the fault of the Kenponet or it's managers, and it could happen to any forum that doesn't do pre-screening of posts. I don't see how you thought it was a good idea to come over here and talk smack.

But, I will take you at your word that that was your intention. If so, I have been wrong about what appeared to be your aims. Let me say I think it was an honest and easy mistake for me to make, given your introductory salvo on the thread to kill the Kenponet. I can certainly agree that we don't need a forum where people get their laughs by homophobe-baiting and retaliatory gay-bashing. It's the lowest kind of interaction, and especially stupid since the whole thing was kicked off by what appeared to be an honest post on one person's troubles with finding a school that wasn't full of homophobia. Think how that poor guy feels. I'm glad the moderators killed it off.

"The point was not about shutting the kenponet down, it was about stopping the disrespectful trolls who had nothing better to do than sling homosexual innuendo at the pinnacles of kenpo as a joke. We both want the same thing."

If you had opened with this, I would have not had an issue.

"I was frustrated and venting with the status of the kenpo family and their attitudes online. It has been something I have been watching for quite sometime. Image is given more weight in today's kenpo world than substance."

On this we can agree wholeheartedly. I sometimes sigh when I see someone say that time will judge who is good and who is bad, 'cause it won't, hasn't, and likely never will. Incompetent martial artists are all over, doing quite well, thank you, mostly due to our obsession with the superficial. It's yet another symptom of what I think is possibly the number one problem in our society today, the valuing of the superficial over the substantive.

Give me a few days and I'll tell you all about it. :)

"Scott I hope you and I can come to a peaceful agreement on this situation. Even if it is to disagree."

I think it's getting better now. I won't bother with the secondary concern of threatening to bash Clyde with your purple belt clumsiness; I don't go a week without seeing a couple of those kind of comments on here or on Kenponet (though never on the TKD forums I read, oddly enough. :rolleyes:

"There is no need to attack my character, I made a decision that you disagreed with, but what did you do to fix the problem?"

I did a little behind the scenes, what I could. And, in public I made a post to point out they were trolling (for those too trusting to admit it) and posts saying "Don't feed the trolls". I didn't say anything over here because I figured it wasn't a MT issue unless the moderators could find a way to help. I didn't get too bothered because I knew Josh and Clint would put a stop to it soon enough. That caliber of thing has happened before, both there and here.

"One time I was learning a technique from the Old Man and he was attacking me and making me respond (I was a brown belt at the time)..."

Safe to say you aren't a purple, then? ;)

Seriously, why don't you speak as you, without smoke and mirrors and dodging responsibility. If you feel you spoke rightly, then speak forthrightly.

I don't mind anonymous posters who ask good questions or make good comments, but the ones who speak anonymously just so they can more easily get away with starting shat make me quite annoyed. That's what you appeared to be doing.

Okay, now I think my best move is to leave this alone for a while. I'll come back on Monday and look things over and see if I've overreacted or gone too far in my assaults on your character, as you put it. If so, I will apologize. If someone figures out who you are and lets us all know by then, then I'll see about apologizing personally (by email) as well. If I don't think I've gone too far, I'll just try and let the whole thing drop and forget it ever happened, and next time I see you in the real world (if I ever figure out who you are) we can laugh about it and assume you meant well.

We'll see.

Peace,
Scott
P.S. I try to be slow to wrath, quick to calm. I don't always succeed.

Scott,

If the SGM of American kenpo came down from his mat in heaven and asked me who taught me my last lesson I would have to look him in the eye and say "the last lesson I learned was from a blue-belt" Thanks for the understanding and hope to see you on the mat.

Salute

Dun Ringill

OP
S

Scott Bonner

Wow! Thanks. That was mighty fine of you, and not just because it's what I wanted to hear. :) I think I got misty, verklempt even!

Please let me know who you are, one way or another.

Peace,
Scott

Mithios

Green Belt
Reaction score
Misty , verklemt even !! Oh lord ! Scott , I love to read your posts. You just make life worth livin. LOL MITHIOS

Dun Ringill

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well it's been fun, I have to go get stretched out and prepare for the line tonight. I hope my fellow cadre that know who I am can keep it under wraps for at least one more night. I am thinking about unveiling it at the dinner. When you are as old as I am, you need all the time in the world to keep up with the young bucks, I'm sure by the time I get to dinner tomorrow I will be sore as can possibly be.

Salute,

"Dun (one more night) Ringill"

OP
R

Richard S.

' Dun Ringill' .....thats an old Jethro Tull tune isnt it?

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As far as 'Family' Goes.. one doesn't get to choose family members.. but they do have the freedom to choose 'Friends' ... and I sure have family members I don't respect, like or even associate with.. guess it just goes to show ....

I like my friends better...

Latest Discussions