The Last of the Ninja's?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slow news day?

At least it didn't focus only on Hatsumi, as most of these do!

I think the BBC are grateful for slow news days at the moment, they will want stories that don't involve politicians, celebrities, children, cover ups and the BBC which doesn't leave a lot!

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There is so much wrong with that article. Where is Chris Parker when you need him?

I find it hard to believe that Hatsumi said he doesn't have a successor picked out. If he doesn't pick one, his organization will fracture and become a hundred smaller groups. He needs to at least appoint a president of the organization even if he chooses not to name him as the next soke.

The whole article is really weird.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Hatsumi said he doesn't have a successor picked out. If he doesn't pick one, his organization will fracture and become a hundred smaller groups. He needs to at least appoint a president of the organization even if he chooses not to name him as the next soke.

It's much more complicated than all that. I'm not going to get into it however because 1) I don't feel competent to try and explain it as it was explained to me, and 2) it's disrespectful to discuss.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes. There is sorta a stigma on discussing it in the open while the person is still alive, so we generally do not. I guess it would be sorta like having your friends discuss who was gonna bang you wife after you die on your facebook wall, or who would get your Ferarri, or whatever. We tend to be more lax about it in the west, but I have been led to believe that its sorta taboo to do in the east.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Second topic with "Ninja's" in it's topic rather than "Ninjas" That apostrophe that seems to pop up everywhere nowadays when people think they are writing plural.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Second topic with "Ninja's" in it's topic rather than "Ninjas" That apostrophe that seems to pop up everywhere nowadays when people think they are writing plural.

Just think yourself lucky I didn't spell it Ningerz ... :p

Just one of those unfortunate moments when you wish you were still a Mod so you could edit the title to remove the grammatical error :eek:.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes. There is sorta a stigma on discussing it in the open while the person is still alive, so we generally do not. I guess it would be sorta like having your friends discuss who was gonna bang you wife after you die on your facebook wall, or who would get your Ferarri, or whatever. We tend to be more lax about it in the west, but I have been led to believe that its sorta taboo to do in the east.

I was not aware it was that taboo, but thinking about it more it would make sense not to want to discuss this too openly.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Thats's ok, I'm's pretty sure the pural's of Ninja is Ninja. Like Moose's.

LOL

And actually, the Bar we go to often on Wed nights has Hot Dog's and Fries on the menu, and I think my bartender is sick of me asking what the hot dogs own. :)

Latest Discussions