The Journey

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What other little tid bits about the book do you have?

Off to scan one more time and guess which is Elvis's body double so to speak. Wait I got it, Mr. Conatser :eek:

:asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

Well would that make it the "Young Elvis" or the "Old Elvis?"
:eek:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hehehehe

Well let's see, having big ole GD hunting me down, and testing all his years of kenpo on my poor little body..........Young Elvis!!!!

(but really, Old Elvis:D )

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
The body below the head of Elvis is Bob White's.
Don't know about the pictures in the clouds, sorry.

Respects,
Bill Parsons

OP
G

GouRonin

Bob White must have a Young Elvis body! Ha ha ha!

It's not like Elvis will need it where he is.

OP
G

GouRonin

1 Trejo vote

4 Planas votes

2 Elvis votes

Soon, soon we'll talk about more...

OP
G

GouRonin

Okie, if you've been looking at your copy of the Journey for hours on end to figure out who is on the front cover then look no more!

The mystery man on the cover to the lower left of the watermark of SGM Ed Parker, which if you think about it makes it on SGM's right hand side, is none other than...

Richard "Huk" Planas!

You can stop looking. Or start looking harder for some of you...Elvis indeed...Sheeesh!

Now, the debate can begin as to WHY they are there!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Artist of the cover is the son of the Late SGM Parker, Ed Parker Jr. so as such....... put his father in..... as should be.... He (Ed Jr.) was also promoted and validated by Huk and he has a great amount of respect for Huk and his knowledge not to mention knowing him for a long time.

If you were going to imply that Huk was SGM Parkers "right hand man" (which is what I sort of got the feeling of) he most certainly was NOT. SGM Parker was asked this question over and over when he was living and his answer was always...... no one is my right hand man. I have a right hand woman (wife)! then he would laugh.

If in the opinion of the artist he views him as such, he obviously has the right, like anyone, to voice his feelings and often does.

As always this is JMHO.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He (Ed Jr.) was also promoted and validated by Huk and he has a great amount of respect for Huk

I thought he was promoted by Ron Chapel, shows what I know. Maybe I should go back to school and learn how to read better.

How did you find out it was Huk Gou? Did you ask him or did EPjr tell you?

peace dog

OP
G

GouRonin

I was going to say that the SGM is there because it's his Dad. Huk is there because Huk is like an Uncle to him. I don't know where you got this right hand man thing from.

Quick joke.

What is the one answer that most of the Kenpo seniors can agree on when asked who Mr. Parker passed his knowledge to?

"Me."

Ah ha ha ha!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Klondike93
I thought he was promoted by Ron Chapel, shows what I know.

Originally he was! Then in addition to Ron Chap'el's promotion, Huk, Trejo and Wedlake also promoted him to first degree a few years later.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Klondike93

That site always seems to be under construction :(

LOL!!! I'm against an "under construction" posting on web
sites. Any good site usually is ALWAYS under construction. I'd
prefer "coming soon"

OP
M

MCare1313

Great book,a must have for all kenpoist. GrandMaster Michael Robert Pick Founder of the Universal Kenpo Federation,featured in The Journey, is a true Kenpo warrior! I am proud and honored to be able to train under him!Mr. Pick visits our school every three months for weekend seminars.Everyone involved in Kenpo needs to experience a UKF Mike Pick Seminar!!!

KENPO ROCKS/ROCK ON

Attachments

• $ukflogo.jpg
    $ukflogo.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 180

Latest Discussions