The Journey

OP
G

GouRonin

I just got done working out and painting my living room and it's late and I have to work tomorrow so I'll try and answer everyone's questions.

First, yes I am back. My dance card is a little full right now with training, work, and renovating my house. So it'll be a bit before I get back into massive posting and making the site hum like the bum of a skunk gone mad.

Dot - The top one is the Old Man. As for the mystery person, well, it would ruin it if I told you. I suggest you look at the pictures in the book and try to match them. Yes it is funny that people will be looking at the cover now trying to figure it out. Most will never see it. Probably because, much like Kenpo, people miss the forest for the trees. It'll sit under their noses forever but they'll never see it.

Ronin - I don't know you. Not sure if you're talking about me. I'm not Mr. C's student if you are. I like to think of myself as a friend of his. By the way, Darth Maul was misunderstood. The poor guy was just trying to be friendly.

Renegade :erg: When will you be here? This weekend? If so, I suggest the Ballet might be in order. Let me know as I'll have to drop some stuff to hang with you. You're kewl in my book buhbuh!

Klondike93 - Yeah, systema is very kewl. How's that for testing your skills. "We gave that guy a knife and told him he could go free if he got by you. Show me what you know." Ha ha ha! Yeeesh. When they tell you they are going to break your arm or stab you and give you a choice you have to wonder what kind of soldier they were turning out eh? I've been at systema for about 8 months now but only seeing Vlad once a month or so but recently I started getting there every two weeks. Your instructor should love the seminar. In fact, I suggest you go see him too if you can. You will be blown away. In either case try and get a hold of "The Russian System Guidebook." It's a good primer for the art.

Ok, I'm off to bed.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So that's why I can't see it, I'm not looking for tree's, I was looking for faces :rofl: (now staring at book like it was a 3d picture):erg:

In either case try and get a hold of "The Russian System Guidebook"

Yeah I have it, as I was leaving one night my instuctor threw it at me and suggested I read it as it would help explain some things.

My dance card is a little full right now, the Ballet

Had to have a little fun with that one Gou !!!:rofl: :rofl:

:asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

Klondike93 - Obviously you have never been to the Ballet with us. Renegade :erg: and I along with Jaybacca are regular patrons. Until you have been you won't know what you are missing. Renegade :erg: is loved by them.

The pictures are there. They are. Keep looking. Honest. Look at Dot's directions again.

The Systema guidebook is like a primer for learning more. A good start. Get some of the videos. They help too.

Renegade :erg: - I have the 12th off. I work the 13th so I can't get nutty but I want to show some of those ballet dancers the famous "Parker Stretch."

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Understood Gou....:cool:

The videos you talk about, are those the knife disarm ones or are there some others too?

Enjoy your "ballet'" ;)

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I found the faces right where dot said they were.

If we guess will you tell us if were are right Gou?

To me it looks like Mr. Trejo.....

OP
G

GouRonin

Just to prolong the fun I will not say who it is until many people have guessed or at least looked at it. So let me ask you, why would you say it was Mr. Trejo? For the record, YES, I do know who it is.

Aside from that I suggest you talk with your teacher regarding the Systema videos. I believe they are cheaper at seminars. There are vids regarding knife work, empty hand, seminars, groundfighting, and even improvised weapons.

OP
G

GouRonin

We have one vote for Frank Trejo as the mystery man.

Anyone else care to chime in?

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Maybe it is just my eyes but the vague facial structure looks like Huk Planas to me. Maybe it is just what I want to see.

OP
G

GouRonin

We have one vote for Frank Trejo.
We have one vote for Huk Planas.

Anybody else?
:idunno:

OP
G

GouRonin

Mystery man vote

1 Frank Trejo votes

2 Huk Planas votes

We'll let this go a bit longer and then we'll have a big unveiling with cake and cookies and everything!

OP
G

GouRonin

Okie

1 Trejo vote

3 Planas votes

If no more come in soon we'll reveal the mystery man! Then we'll start to discuss why these 2 lone men are even on the front page.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Upon further review, of the pic. The only person I could truely say I think it is. Is the King himself Elvis.

It may be a long shot but I'll stick with that.

dot :asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

1 Trejo vote

3 Planas votes

1 Elvis vote.

:idunno:

OP
G

GouRonin

Ok. We have:

1 Trejo vote

3 Planas votes

2 Elvis votes

Just as an aside, if you look at the portrait of Elvis in the book you'll see that while it is his face the body has been borrowed from one of the other people in the book? Can you guess which one?
:confused:

Latest Discussions