The Journey

OP
N

nathan_sau

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

It certainly is nice to see the kind comments from you all concerning the book. Many of you have expressed a desire to obtain an autograph for your book, well you do have a few choices...

1) go to a Seminar where the individuals are and get the book signed....
2) mail the book to each individual and ask for a signature (I'm sure all would be glad to do that) include reverse postage.
OR
3) E~MAIL OR WRITE EACH and ask for an autograph in a return email or send a stamped addressed return envelope in which the honoree can autograph a piece of plain paper and you can insert it into "your Journey" until you can get your actual book signed.

How Bout that for an option!! (E~graphs or Mail~Graphs) LOL...... make sure you let everyone know where it came from please.
Love ya all!!

The Emperor, aka Goldendragon7, aka Mr. C, aka Big D,:D

:asian:

I have a BETTER idea, how about yourself and the other great masters come to Australia and sign my book for me in person and do a little seminar.

Respectfully
Nathan_sau

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

Love to come back down under! Set it up and call me.

:D

Mr. C, has Master Monea been in contact with you or vice versa yet? If there is no joy there, I happen to be on fairly good speaking terms with the head of AKKSA, and I might suggest it to him, as long as there are no political hang ups(if you know what I mean..)

--Dave

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know of or have no political problems with anyone Down Under. The only 2 individuals that I know are Baron Jon Van Wijk (Sidney) and Lois Tomson (may have a different last name now)(Melborne) who used to be my student.

But I am on good terms with all as far as I know. I know of no struggles etc.

I'm a free agent just spreadin' the word. LOL

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

I know of or have no political problems with anyone Down Under. The only 2 individuals that I know are Baron Jon Van Wijk (Sidney) and Lois Tomson (may have a different last name now)(Melborne) who used to be my student.

But I am on good terms with all as far as I know. I know of no struggles etc.

I'm a free agent just spreadin' the word. LOL

Do you know if Lois Tomson teaches, at all. If so would you have any contact details for her.

Have you been in touch with Master Monea yet, because I know he is trying to bring as many people as possible out here for seminars this year. I for one would be absolutely blown away to be at one of your seminars. I know a few others who would enjoy the experience as much as I.

Also I would love to know what you happen to think of Mr. van Wijk.

I have found so far that other high ranking individuals feel in a fairly similar way to me, with regards to him.

--Dave

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That she does teach...... but that is rumor....... I would be surprised if she didn't to tell you the truth. I have not spoken to her in about 10 years or so. I do know her ex husband and he has her contact numbers if you would like them. He lives close to me. Let me know.

OP
K

Kirk

That she does teach...... but that is rumor....... I would be surprised if she didn't to tell you the truth. I have not spoken to her in about 10 years or so. I do know her ex husband and he has her contact numbers if you would like them. He lives close to me. Let me know.

Boy, you sure get around ... you know everybody! :)
That rocks, in my book!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
why that should surprise you? Most top people in their chosen fields if they are worth a damn know all the main or key players and have worked with them at some point. There are very few of the "who's who" of Kenpo that I don't know or that don't know me.

OP
K

Kirk

why that should surprise you? Most top people in their chosen fields if they are worth a damn know all the main or key players and have worked with them at some point. There are very few of the "who's who" of Kenpo that I don't know or that don't know me.:

I consider my instructor to be very knowledgeable, yet humble.
He's definitely note one of the "who's who". Yet you know him
too. I can definitely go with the fact that those that are tops
in their fields know each other, but Australia's a long ways away!
I guess in my typical Ugly American thinking, I was surprised
that you knew SO MANY so distant!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You did know that I traveled with Mr. Parker to Austrailia along with Frank Trejo and Lee Wedlake, as well as going to England a couple of times with Mr. Parker, the Engilsh trip is when I got to know my friend Skip Hancock pretty well..... we spent a lot of hours together!

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

Yes Sir, I am letting you know! If you could get me a contact number, I would be very grateful. My step son is interested in training American Kenpo again, but not under our original instructor. At the moment I am happy, just doing what I am doing.
Thank You.

--Dave

OP
G

GouRonin

If you look at the cover of the "The Journey" you'll not only see Ed Parker Jr's fantastic artwork but when looking closely you'll see that in that artwork is a watermark of his Dad's face, the late SGM Ed Parker.

If you look even more there is another face watermarked into the picture along with Ed Parker.

:wavey:
:idunno:
:iws:

OP
T

tunetigress

Originally posted by Kirk

I consider my instructor to be very knowledgeable, yet humble.
He's definitely note one of the "who's who". Yet you know him
too. I can definitely go with the fact that those that are tops
in their fields know each other, but Australia's a long ways away!
I guess in my typical Ugly American thinking, I was surprised
that you knew SO MANY so distant!

Well Kirk you will be even more surprised about the long-distance antics of GoldenDragon when you find out more about him. He isn't stuck on the 'who's who' of the M A world either you know. He is very kind and supportive to all kinds of people the world over, although personally, I think he is developing a particular penchant for Canadians, LOL! There are so many truly awesome , intelligent and wise Americans that seem to get tarred with the same Anti-American brush, which is hard to avoid in some countries such as Canada, where Anti-Americanism is a National Sport. IMHO His Eminence, GoldenDragon, is a "Virtual International Man of Mystery." He ain't just any old ordinary garden-variety Yank, eh? :D :asian:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

If you look at the cover of the "The Journey" you'll not only see Ed Parker Jr's fantastic artwork but when looking closely you'll see that in that artwork is a watermark of his Dad's face, the late SGM Ed Parker.

If you look even more there is another face watermarked into the picture along with Ed Parker.

I have looked and looked and I must be blind cause I just don't see it :(

Gou, what's the russian under your name mean? I figure it's something about Systema, and how's the training going?

OP
G

GouRonin

Sokoli Stalina is the style of Systema I have been studying. In Russian there are various groups that teach and study Systema. Systema is almost the same as saying "Karate" in that it's a generic catch phrase. Over here in North America there is very little systema so they can easily say Systema and people think of one style. However, R.O.S.S. is a style of systema as well, except that they call it R.O.S.S.

Sokoli Stalina is the style that the spetsnaz unit that Vlad and and his teacher Mikhail train in. Mikhail was taught by one of Stalin's bodyguards and Vlad was a Spetsnaz trainer for the elite force. Sokoli Stalina literally translated means "Stalin's Falcons" and the style was created for the personal bodyguards to Stalin and later also became the top unit for the highest risk missions. The first time I saw and understood what Vlad was doing I knew I was going to start training in it but wasn't aware it would start to take over as it has started to do.

A little story related to me was during the Soviet era when they were at war with Afghanistan. The Afghani's took over the Soviet embassy. They brought the Spetsnaz in and they kidnapped one of the terrorists. They cut his head off and sent it back to the rest in a bag with a note telling them to surrender. The terrorists did. Now that's my kind of negotiating.

So I have been very busy as of late trying to get more of this facinating art and system. Aside from that I have also been accompanying friends to Kenpo seminars. Also assisting my friend Jaybacca when he teaches his seminars and classes and picking up Kenpo/Arnis from him. I have been working out at a friend's Kenpo/Arnis school assisting him in teaching and helping out and learning in any way possible. I have also been getting back into Judo. So I have been very busy. In fact I only work out in boxing now in "The Dog Pound" and not at the gym as I have not enough time to do all I want to do and often find myself in "The Dog Pound" in the wee hours of the morning pounding the heavy bag and skipping rope to my round counter.

As for the watermark of SGM's face and the "mystery face" you have to look on the left side of the cover's picture. Looks for the eyes on both men. That's what gives it away. If you hold it on a certain angle with the light reflecting off the cover it's easier to see. I have checked with sources and it IS there.
:wavy:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

But which is which. I believe the higher one might be Mr. Paker. :asian:

lower one is located right by the left edge in the White/grey smoke just at the height of the guys shoulders..

The other is also on the left but about an inch in. where the blcack clouds turn to yellow.

You can definitely see the eyes. Pretty neat stuff.

Who's the Mystery guy? Can't tell much from the eyes.

dot

p.s. you realise that because of your post Gou, there are dozens of kenpo people staring and squinting intently at the cover of the Journey at this very minute. Funny Stuff. :D

OP
R

Ronin

You know Mr. C, i hear that renegade student of yours "Ronin " will be in "the journey 2" They say hes the Darth Maul of kenpo!!! Ha Ha Ha!!

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to see you back. Are we going to the ballet next week while I'm up?

:ladysman:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
;)

Thanks Gou, glad your back!! I read that story at the Kenpo school, it's posted on one of the walls. Another part of that story I liked was where it says about how the spetsnaz got to use all the gulag inmates for practice, how's that for serving your debt to mother russia. My instructor is going to Florida at the end of the month for a seminar at Lee Wedlake's school with Vladimir.
How long have you been doing the Systema? Me, it's only been about a month, but I'm still learning Kenpo as well though.

Latest Discussions