Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's the trailer:

[yt]MRJA3lN0xCQ[/yt]

The movie was inspired by a 2002 documentary done for the Discovery channel. A blogger has the show posted here.

Watch it with the lights on...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This looks interesting. It's weird seeing Elias Koteas play old men (as here and The Greatest Game Ever Played). I remember him from the TMNT movie...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's based on a true story. I've saw "A Haunting" on the discovery channel (or was it Sci-fi?) about this event ... scary stuff :eek:. The oldest teenager ended up being heavily influenced (if not possessed) by the evil that resided in that house.

There are some who say there aren't things like evil spirits. Having personally experienced one... I can say that there are. What this family went through was harrowing.
Presumably Hollywood will ramp up the chills a bit but knowing that it's true should keep you on the edge of your seat ready to bolt when you think you can't stand it anymore.

Places like this should be razed to the ground, salted, blessed by a priest and used as a parking lot or something where people won't frequent.
Some nasty spots here and there around the world. When bad things happen to people and they're not reconciled ... :uhohh:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's based on a true story. I've saw "A Haunting" on the discovery channel (or was it Sci-fi?) about this event ... scary stuff :eek:. The oldest teenager ended up being heavily influenced (if not possessed) by the evil that resided in that house.

I love the "A Haunting" series. I TIVO it. :D I don't recall seeing this episode, but I'll have to double check. In any case, the movie looks great.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love the "A Haunting" series. I TIVO it. :D I don't recall seeing this episode, but I'll have to double check. In any case, the movie looks great.
*spoiler alert* Turns out that the place the family bought/rented (?) was an old mortuary and that one room was where they kept the bodies and a hideous murder (or two) took place there thus the (angry) spirits and one evil entity resided there.

The Amityville Horror (which later was shown to be a hoax) had NOTHING on this place.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*spoiler alert* Turns out that the place the family bought/rented (?) was an old mortuary and that one room was where they kept the bodies and a hideous murder (or two) took place there thus the (angry) spirits and one evil entity resided there.

The Amityville Horror (which later was shown to be a hoax) had NOTHING on this place.

I am soooo gonna have to search for this episode now. I'd like to see it before the movie. I think they do a great job with the series.

Last edited:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just watched the Discovery Channel's episode on it last night. Scary!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*slight derail*

Have you ever watched "Paranormal State?" IMHO it's hands down the best "ghost" show on TV.

No, I haven't seen that one but I think I've heard of it. Is that the one where the college students ghost hunt?

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
]I love the "A Haunting" series.[/B] I TIVO it. :D I don't recall seeing this episode, but I'll have to double check. In any case, the movie looks great.

If you like that see if you can find " Most Haunted". There are some very interesting episodes and video footage. (This is one of those guilty pleasures)
lori

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you like that see if you can find " Most Haunted". There are some very interesting episodes and video footage. (This is one of those guilty pleasures)
lori

I think I've seen that several times...on the travel channel? If so, it's pretty cool.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Have you seen the house? Ooh, scary, kids (in my best Count Floyd voice).

208 Meriden Avenue in Southington, Connecticut

Click on the link, they've got a Google Maps photo of the house. Somehow nothing like the movie trailer...
They probably can't film in the original house due to legal issues and the possiblity that the spirits are still there... that'd muck up the works now wouldn't it? Just like that 3 men and a Baby where the little girl shows up on one scene and is gone the next.