The good thing about being European!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You will have to google this stuff, I am not doing the leg work this time! :angel:

Aside from having grown up with The Duke, William Holden. Fred and Ginger....

You get Wet Wet Wet along with the Backstreet Boys and NKOTB...

Michael bubble and Roger Cicero...
Gianna Nanini (her brother was a F1 driver, before he lost his arm in an accident, though reattached, he went on to drive touring cars, kinda like Stock car in the us)

Herbert Groenemeyer...(you US guys know him as the sole survivor of 'das Boot') put some really good tunes out.

Cher, naturally, or Dolly Parton, we, had it all, but also some really good singers the US hardly hears about. Shirley Bessy, or Joyce Flemming (German Lady, actually. She covered 'Half Breed in German)

We got movies from France and Italy...(around here 'My name is Nobody' is billed as a henry Fonda movie..but eriously, who here has watched it?!) Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer (Italo guys, honest) Adriano Celentano...Jean-Paul Belmondo was our action hero...

Not having to watch ALL the US sitcoms is a blessing...though ALF was da bomb!

And we had Nena...she is just much better not translated ^^

Alain Delon had about the air of a de Niro...

The list goes on...
Gerard Depardieu was a huge star when he tried his luck with green Card in the US...

All I am saying, the US is missing out, big time...

You will have to google this stuff, I am not doing the leg work this time! :angel:

Aside from having grown up with The Duke, William Holden. Fred and Ginger....

You get Wet Wet Wet along with the Backstreet Boys and NKOTB...

Michael bubble and Roger Cicero...
Gianna Nanini (her brother was a F1 driver, before he lost his arm in an accident, though reattached, he went on to drive touring cars, kinda like Stock car in the us)

Herbert Groenemeyer...(you US guys know him as the sole survivor of 'das Boot') put some really good tunes out.

Cher, naturally, or Dolly Parton, we, had it all, but also some really good singers the US hardly hears about. Shirley Bessy, or Joyce Flemming (German Lady, actually. She covered 'Half Breed in German)

We got movies from France and Italy...(around here 'My name is Nobody' is billed as a henry Fonda movie..but eriously, who here has watched it?!) Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer (Italo guys, honest) Adriano Celentano...Jean-Paul Belmondo was our action hero...

Not having to watch ALL the US sitcoms is a blessing...though ALF was da bomb!

And we had Nena...she is just much better not translated ^^

Alain Delon had about the air of a de Niro...

The list goes on...
Gerard Depardieu was a huge star when he tried his luck with green Card in the US...

All I am saying, the US is missing out, big time...
Love the Terrence Hill/Bud Spencer movies!

Also watch a lot of Brit tv, via the internet, thanks to my sister who lived in Europe for three years.

You have Robyn. Need I say more?

[yt]W35fWF1eaeQ[/yt]

French films like Mic Macs, do watch it if you can it's quirky and very very good. The original Cage au Folles, the German series Das Boot and Heimat for understanding German history.
Markets full of fresh food, shops like bakers, grocers, fishmongers. Chemist shops where you can get free first aid and medical advice. Coffee shops which have been going for centuries where you can sit outside and watch the world go by.Stylish and chic clothes, newspapers that cover the full gamut of the political spectrum and all carry world news. Good drama on television that isn't prudish. Old and historical buildings, the musuems and art galleries, the theatres, the opera, the ballet. Well behaved children eating with parents in restraurants, no obsession with germs, no prudism, Italian men's delight in women not just young skinny ones, the European lack of obsession with youth, dieting and being skinny. Chocolate!

Been all round Europe and never had warm beer lol! Not even when camping, it is beer without chemicals in it though.

I think he means 'cellar temperature', the way beer should be, rather than chilled down to darn near freezing :D.

I have to say that I learned a lot about the resurgence of quality American beers from Exile (I really miss his calm and eloquent wisdom on the board :(). They are by no means as awful as they once had the deserved reputation for being.

Must have been just on the military bases then lol. Family was over and had warm beer all the time. Even brought it back to the states.

Back