P

progressivetactics

what happend to just pedaling?

That all sounds pretty complicated!!!

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Do you guys remember your first cars that you ever had? Should be getting mine soon as I get my provisional license :D

i remember it well. i had it for a good six years. it was an old plymouth sundance. not much to look at but it got the job done. i miss that car. it took a lickin' and kept on tickin.'

now i'm a jeep man. i love my new liberty. so much in fact that i may just have to get another one when this one runs out.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine was a 1973 Plymouth Satellite Regent station wagon. Paid $100.00 for it. Had one of the back seats that faced out the back window. I was 16 at the time. Both of the back seats laid down flat. That was my "drive in" vehicle.:D Man I miss that car. Well, maybe it isn't the car I miss after all, just the time frame.

The 14th Style

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Do you guys remember your first cars that you ever had? Should be getting mine soon as I get my provisional license :D

I've only owned three cars in my life. My first was a '79 Camero z28, with a 350 and a 4-barrel carburetor. God that car was sweet. I blew three engines in that car. And loved every minute of it!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by The 14th Style
I've only owned three cars in my life. My first was a '79 Camero z28, with a 350 and a 4-barrel carburetor. God that car was sweet. I blew three engines in that car. And loved every minute of it!

Man,

I just loved those body styles those cars had.:D

The 14th Style

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Man,

I just loved those body styles those cars had.:D

Me too. The way it looked with the grills on the side and the raised fin across the back. I always thought It looked like a shark. And my transmission was a monster. I would be stopped at a light on a hill. I would take my foot off the brake and it would start pulling the car uphill!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by The 14th Style
And my transmission was a monster. I would be stopped at a light on a hill. I would take my foot off the brake and it would start pulling the car uphill!

Sweet.

Mine T/A had the 400 big block with the 350 tranny. It was cool. I put a 750 Holley carb. and headers on it with some thrush california red muflers. It was loud. We also put the aluminum intake manifold on it. :( Too bad it's gone.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Techno, did ya get that bike of yours running again? I'm curious to know if I was in the right ballpark with my suggestion or not.

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

Hmmm...I'm a Chevy or Jeep person. Mostly Chevy. I'd like to get the newer models of the Monte Carlo. And when you started this you included NASCAR right?! Well, then I'm all smiles! I'm personally a Dale Jr. fan. I can't believe this whole Busch-Spencer ordeal. I think that Busch was in the wrong for saying that he'd want to ram in Spencer's fender, but Spencer didn't have to go up to Busch (while he was still in his car and defenseless) and beat the s*** out of him. I felt bad for Busch at Bristol when he was the winner and the crowd booed him. I was so mad about that, more so than I was about Spencer hitting him. It was bad enough that a ton of the fans were wearing pro-Spencer/anti-Busch T-shirts at the race, but for them to boo him, I was mad. Oh well, what's over is over and we can't fix it, but I still think that Spencer and Busch should douse their tempers.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by IsshinryuKarateGirl
Hmmm...I'm a Chevy or Jeep person. Mostly Chevy. I'd like to get the newer models of the Monte Carlo.

Did you see the limited edition Monte Carlo's? Last year there was an Dale Sr. car and this year was a Gordon car. Respectively they are price at $32k.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did you see the limited edition Monte Carlo's? Last year there was an Dale Sr. car and this year was a Gordon car. Respectively they are price at $32k.

Not a Monte Carlo, yet GM has been working a V8 for the new Impala's. I just know that work has been done, the timing is not clear at this time :D

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I learned to drive on a 1970 Chevy 1/2 ton Pick up.

Graduated to the G van or the full size 1976 Chevy Van.

Neither was truly my car, they were my parents.

My First Car was a 1975 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Classic, 350 Small Block with a THM125 Transmission, two barrel carbs, still I rebuilt them for performance? I had cargo coils in teh front and Cargo coils and Shocks in the back. I used it to tow and to carry and delivery lots of newpapers. Imagine Trunk and Back Seat completely full, and Front seat partially :D.

*Sniff* I miss her.

Current stable of vehicles:

Brand New 2003 Sierra 1/2 Ton 1500 4x4 Z71 Off Road, Extended Cab Short Box Pick Up, locking rear diff, ..., :D

Brand New 2003 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100, added Windshield, Engine Crash Bar, Saddle Bags, and Sissy Bar. :)

2000 Firebird Convertible - Limited Slip Rear Diff - 5 Speed Manual, Top Speed 128 MPH. :D (* I wrote the software for this powertrain in this car! 3800V6 / Manual *)

1993 Grand Am - Two Door with the 3300 V6 the last eyar it was made. This is the little sister to the 3800. Car has 188,000 miles and still going strong. Being sold to Brother-In-Law who needs it much more than I do ;)

Looking for a Quad and a Jet-Ski :) ;) :D

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

If they make a Dale Jr. one, I'll be sure to look into it!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother Rich,
How do you find time to drive them all.:rofl:

I make the time :D

As well as I make the time for MT and Martial Arts Training. ;)

I enjoy lots of things and toys, including push mowing my lawn, and trimming my trees :D

Oh Well, it is life.

:D

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like my imports...four cylinder rice burners...tee hee...soon as I can sell my 88 Accord I get my mother's 91...and I got six boxes of goodies ready to be put on as soon as mine leaves the driveway...just gotta buy the body kit. :D

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
I like my imports...four cylinder rice burners...tee hee...soon as I can sell my 88 Accord I get my mother's 91...and I got six boxes of goodies ready to be put on as soon as mine leaves the driveway...just gotta buy the body kit. :D

Those little cars have their advantages and a good following for add-ons :D

Latest Discussions