The End - Blog Post

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Probably not the end. Probably more of a transitioning.from what you used to do into something different. Something always fills in the gaps

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am very sorry to hear Xue... but I will say don't rule out martial arts completely, I truly believe MA are for life, albeit taking different directions and forms. Evolving into the form that you currently need, to match where you are. My practice is certainly evolving from the 'harder, faster, stronger' school to a more relaxed, natural, connected and grounded approach.

Of course I don't know the severity of it, it sound bad, but there's always a different way to practice.

Take care buddy. Stick around these parts though :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What about a knee replacement?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey Rich, thanks

I have not given up yet, but it is getting a bit discouraging.
My knee has gotten worse and worse and is quite bad at the moment... so can relate to that frustration and discouragement... but gonna start from the ground up with a rehab program, really take my time to progress slowly and strengthen everything.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My knee has gotten worse and worse and is quite bad at the moment... so can relate to that frustration and discouragement... but gonna start from the ground up with a rehab program, really take my time to progress slowly and strengthen everything.

I'm doing the same thing....for the third time....for the same knee...so I guess this is round 3

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing....for the third time....for the same knee...so I guess this is round 3
Have a cane hand, brother,
They make nice ones, with swords, too (probably not legal to carry in public though)

I talked with a nurse once, her knee was basically shot and at one time when they had to go in and repair a tear they drilled holes in the ball of the bone so the scar tissue would sort of replace the cartilage that had worn off a long time ago.
And I wondered why nobody had offered the chance to my husband.

Alas. Hang in there.
Scars are seldom a blessing.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Have a cane hand, brother,
They make nice ones, with swords, too (probably not legal to carry in public though)

I talked with a nurse once, her knee was basically shot and at one time when they had to go in and repair a tear they drilled holes in the ball of the bone so the scar tissue would sort of replace the cartilage that had worn off a long time ago.
And I wondered why nobody had offered the chance to my husband.

Alas. Hang in there.
Scars are seldom a blessing.

I currently have 4 canes, 2 aluminum, 1 ratan, 1 folding

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
the folding one....is that like a nunchako?

3010BK-Folded-ABC.jpg

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have seen them before, I was wondering about their special abilities in combat

To look scary while deploying.....because after that...it breaks if actually used for combat....other possible use...to make the other guy feel sorry for you and simply leave you alone

Latest Discussions