Never again - Blog Post

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
[copied and pasted from Xue's blog]

But then there is the other side of the coin......the ol' Yin Yang thing. You and I have yet to meet. But we've talked a lot. YOU were the one that pointed me to the school in Roslindale MA where I took Tai-Chi from Ben. My wife and I both did. Although it was only for a few months, as we moved here shortly after - it was....in a few words.....Fricken' Awesome.

And it came at a time in my life when I really needed to go to that school and continue Tai-Chi. Needed it badly.

So.....there's that. And Thank You again, my brother. And I'm copying and pasting this to the page on our forum.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
[copied and pasted from Xue's blog]

But then there is the other side of the coin......the ol' Yin Yang thing. You and I have yet to meet. But we've talked a lot. YOU were the one that pointed me to the school in Roslindale MA where I took Tai-Chi from Ben. My wife and I both did. Although it was only for a few months, as we moved here shortly after - it was....in a few words.....Fricken' Awesome.

And it came at a time in my life when I really needed to go to that school and continue Tai-Chi. Needed it badly.

So.....there's that. And Thank You again, my brother. And I'm copying and pasting this to the page on our forum.

Yeah, but then, when I was heading to Boston to possibly meet you.... you skipped town and headed to Hawaii :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, but then, when I was heading to Boston to possibly meet you.... you skipped town and headed to Hawaii :D

Oy! Such a jerk I am. But no kidding, bro, that class, that school, that Tai Chi.....you'll never know what it did for us. And it was like a history lesson in the Twilight Zone. Less than one hundred yards from there, was my first full time dojo. Less than one hundred yards from there in the opposite direction, was my first full time boxing gym.

We would get to Tai-Chi class half dead from both work and the madness of preparing for a major relocation. We'd leave class feeling like we drank from the fountain of youth. And as we'd drive through the square I'd look to where the old places used to be and I'd feel wonderful. Nostalgically fantastic, not sad in the least bit. Because I was still there in that small section of the world....still training,still learning, still marvelling.

Thanks to you.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oy! Such a jerk I am. But no kidding, bro, that class, that school, that Tai Chi.....you'll never know what it did for us. And it was like a history lesson in the Twilight Zone. Less than one hundred yards from there, was my first full time dojo. Less than one hundred yards from there in the opposite direction, was my first full time boxing gym.

We would get to Tai-Chi class half dead from both work and the madness of preparing for a major relocation. We'd leave class feeling like we drank from the fountain of youth. And as we'd drive through the square I'd look to where the old places used to be and I'd feel wonderful. Nostalgically fantastic, not sad in the least bit. Because I was still there in that small section of the world....still training,still learning, still marvelling.

Thanks to you.

Glad I could be if assistance..

And who knows, I may get to Hawaii someday and meet up...and do some taijiquan.....that is unless you skip town again :D

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Xue,

I never knew your wife was a translator for Chen, 3 wives and 2 kids later I guess learn something new every day! Don't be to hard on yourself old friend things happen for a reason and your intent was in good meaning.
I created a kungfu sisters comic based on my daughters called ling and Mi

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_205126_996.jpg
    IMG_20180318_205126_996.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 266

Latest Discussions