The depressing nature of "the last person" thread

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
[rant]
Its quite depressing... I log on, I see 13 messages. I'm expecting some a variety of nice content. Instead, I get four threads that have been updated, and the rest went into the "last person" thread...

I'm sure its great for increasing your post count, both at the individual level and for the whole board, but its really depressing to watch. You get your hope ups and most of what you see is, IMHO, is a junk thread...
[/rant]

I know not everything is meant to be invaluable martial content, but geez... I know there has been a thread about reaching 1k post in 24 hours periodically. However, how much of that is this thread? 300? 400?

Anyways, thought I'd just let that out... I doubt I'm the only one...:banghead:

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
I don't know. I always see a wide range of discussion here when I pop in. There are what, 90 people enjoying themselves there, most of them also posting a bit in the other parts of the site it seems.

Let them have their fun, especially if it keeps them coming back or hanging around longer. After all, it could be worse. They could be involved in yet another pointless pissing and crap slinging match about war, religion or politics in the study.

If there isn't enough topics to keep one busy, maybe they should start some that will draw peoples attention?

My opinion, and $1.35 will get you a drink at McDonalds.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One good way to make sure that the Last Person Thread isn't the only thing you see on the forum when you log on is to start some new threads and seed new conversation. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tsk tsk tsk...silly boys...

Guys that complain about an MT thread having no MA content at all start a thread and post about something that ... has no MA content. :rofl:

Such irony. :)

At least in the last person thread some of us talk about our training ;)

Speaking of which...I have to get up early tomorrow for Silat class. Only one more week until GM Lebe is here from Indonesia!

Oh and by the way?

This thread is MINE.

:redcaptur

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tsk tsk tsk...silly boys...

Guys that complain about an MT thread having no MA content at all start a thread and post about something that ... has no MA content. :rofl:

Such irony. :)

At least in the last person thread some of us talk about our training ;)

Speaking of which...I have to get up early tomorrow for Silat class. Only one more week until GM Lebe is here from Indonesia!

Oh and by the way?

This thread is MINE.

:redcaptur

:angel:

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, if you look at the thread, for the most part, it's not just a bunch of people taking claim of the thread. A lot of us "chat" in there. Get to know each other better. Swap stories. It's a good thing. Kinda what we have in lieu of a chat room.

Jeff

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[rant]
Its quite depressing... I log on, I see 13 messages. I'm expecting some a variety of nice content. Instead, I get four threads that have been updated, and the rest went into the "last person" thread...

I'm sure its great for increasing your post count, both at the individual level and for the whole board, but its really depressing to watch. You get your hope ups and most of what you see is, IMHO, is a junk thread...
[/rant]

I know not everything is meant to be invaluable martial content, but geez... I know there has been a thread about reaching 1k post in 24 hours periodically. However, how much of that is this thread? 300? 400?

Anyways, thought I'd just let that out... I doubt I'm the only one...:banghead:

:banghead:Nah ! ! !

I don't know. I always see a wide range of discussion here when I pop in. There are what, 90 people enjoying themselves there, most of them also posting a bit in the other parts of the site it seems.

Let them have their fun, especially if it keeps them coming back or hanging around longer. After all, it could be worse. They could be involved in yet another pointless pissing and crap slinging match about war, religion or politics in the study.

If there isn't enough topics to keep one busy, maybe they should start some that will draw peoples attention?
My opinion, and $1.35 will get you a drink at McDonalds.

Let me NEVER grow SO OLD that I cannot laugh and enjoy a thread like the Last Person...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well I guess the thread is all mine again, not the thread is more than the last person alot of us have become like family threugh verse in the thread and there is a lot of info if you really have the time to read the whole thread.

I'm with Jeff it has become our chat room on MT and a very friendly place that I enjoy everyday

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree - the Last Person thread is a place where people can hang out and chat... and if it concerns you that such a thing happens, don't go there. Besides, look at it this way - if people are hanging out and chatting there, where there is no specific topic and they can just chat, they are less likely to go off topic somewhere else, which keeps the rest of the threads cleaner, more focused on their particular aspects of MA.

Latest Discussions