The Canadian Dr. Who Tennant finale thread

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Who is watching? Post any comments on here. 8:00 tonight on Space tv.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen it already lol but will keep quiet :ultracool

OP
Ramirez

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Seen it already lol but will keep quiet :ultracool

Aired last night there didn't it? I figure Gordon and Ken are on side to watch it tonight.

I have been staying off the Beeb site so nothing is spoiled, both parts 1 and 2 are airing tonight.

OP
Ramirez

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Way cool so far.

Spoilers*****

So the Master was a pawn of the Time Lords all this time. Dalton is great as Rassilon. Interesting information on the Time War, the Doctor destroyed both the Time Lords and the Daleks but agains the Time Lord's will.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And anyone with a shred of empathy or sense of justice (man or woman, adult or child), who did not shed a tear by the end, clearly did not understand what they were watching :lol:.

OP
Ramirez

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well that was a great finale, a few loose ends though...who was the Time Lord that kept appearing to Wilfred?

According to Wiki, it was the Doctor's mother, could have been Romana though, and who was the second dissident Time Lord?

Like any good writer Davies left some plot points to be resolved.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Way cool so far.

Spoilers*****

So the Master was a pawn of the Time Lords all this time. Dalton is great as Rassilon. Interesting information on the Time War, the Doctor destroyed both the Time Lords and the Daleks but agains the Time Lord's will.

Mark,
I got sleepy and missed about twenty minutes when this was being explained. Loved the scene where Tennant is pointing the gun at his various foes -- quite dramatic.

I thought the crossovers were a cheat. I was expecting previous companions and cast members to be integrated into the story, but they had these cheesy little farewell visits in the final act.

Loved Ood Sigma. The Ood are cool.

OP
Ramirez

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mark,
I got sleepy and missed about twenty minutes when this was being explained. Loved the scene where Tennant is pointing the gun at his various foes -- quite dramatic.

I thought the crossovers were a cheat. I was expecting previous companions and cast members to be integrated into the story, but they had these cheesy little farewell visits in the final act.

Loved Ood Sigma. The Ood are cool.

I see your point, but trying to fit Captain Jack, Martha and Mickey, Rose, Sarah Jane and Donna in one two hour story line is probably beyond Davies ability as a writer.

Not sure what was going on with Martha and Mickey anyway, looked like they were fighting a Sontaran.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just caught the last 10 minutes, now that's sad. :(
Great music really tugged at the hearts.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just caught the last 10 minutes, now that's sad. :(
Great music really tugged at the hearts.

There's a feature in one of the DVD sets that talks about how important the music is for the show and the level of production they go into to get it right.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
An excellent end to Tennant's run as the Doctor. I really enjoyed his character. The next Doctor will have a lot to live up to.

My vote for the best episode of 2009 is the Waters of Mars.

OP
Ramirez

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
An excellent end to Tennant's run as the Doctor. I really enjoyed his character. The next Doctor will have a lot to live up to.

My vote for the best episode of 2009 is the Waters of Mars.

James Nesbitt who I think would have been a great doctor was approached for the part and turned it down, saying whoever followed Tennant would be committing career suicide.

David Morrissey said he would have been interested but since he had already guest starred as another character he was out.

One of the more interesting possibilities before Ecclestone was cast was Lenny Henry, now that might have been cool.

Latest Discussions