The Budo Karate House

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
http://budokaratehouse.com/

What do you think about it? I'm thinking about doing it or hoping to do it for they don't have a section for females yet. I'm looking for the challenge and improvement and success. I've only read sections About the Res. House, BKH Program Director, Dormitory Life, and the How to Apply sections so I haven't read the entire thing yet but I probably will still hope to do it because I'm stubborn like that but I want to know what you all think about it. If I do it or can do it I was thinking about after highschool before college which will be this time next year.

Your opinions?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From what I can tell from the link it seems like a good program.
Give it a try and let us know how it goes

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. I'd hope I'd get good replies about it because it's definately something I want to try. :uhyeah:

Shotgun Buddha

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm. They seems to be practicing Kyokushin karate. Given how tough the training is for that, I'd say it would be worthwhile. The main thing is understanding what you'd be getting yourself into, Kyokushin is very different from most karate styles. Possibly my favourite form of karate though.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems totally honest in what they are offering but they have made the mistake ( as others do) of thinking that the UFC is a fighting system instead of a business promoting MMA fights.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an interesting idea.

I've got some concerns about the set up though, because it could easily lend itself to some forms of abusive behaviors. The guy leading it is clearly a dedicated martial artist who's spent a lot of time chasing great training around the world. He's also not exactly careful to note that his "graduation" from the 1000 day program in Japan was honorary. He doesn't hide that he left early... but doesn't distinguish the honorary graduation, either. That's just something that kind of makes me go "h'mm".

I don't suspect he'd do a female program, or allow females to participate. That's just a gut feeling based on the tone of the site, so I'd suggest writing him. Maybe try to demonstrate that you do have the character and drive to participate somehow.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen that ad in BlackBelt magazine...Wish it as around when I was younger...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am skeptical of it but then I am a skeptic in general.
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions