The 48 Laws of Power (Book) (And No, I Dont Own It :P)

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now.
Im just going to assume this is the right Forum Section for discussing stuff like this.
Since it isnt "Of a Martial Nature".
If it isnt... Eh... :s392:

As mentioned in the Title, I do not own it.
But have any of You fine People Read it?

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/48-Laws-Power-Joost-Elffers/9780140280197
Im currently trying to decide if I want to Buy it or not, alongside a couple of other things.
And in case any of you are Interested for some weird reason (Possibly Stalker Related); The afore mentioned other things are Sun Tzu's Art Of War, and Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince.

The Subject Matter interests Me, but im not sure what kind of Book this IS, exactly.
I know that the 480 Pages Worth of Content would be elaborating on its 48 Key Points, but im not sure what kind of Perspective thats being done from.
If I just knew what it actually Contained... :)
Explanations?
Elaborations?
Definitions?
I mean, it Occupies 480 Pages, so its gotta pertain to SOMETHING.

Optionally, if theres a PDF/Otherwise Online Version around someplace to sweep my Fingertips over, that would be Swell.

Now someone give Me that Free Drink I was Promised.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep, I've got it (and a few others from the same author). A very good read, I'd say, it's basically an objective look at concepts of power and control by citing examples from historical records and literature, which makes it a very interesting book to explore. Examples from Machiavelli and many others are included, and, although you don't need to have read those as well, it can help to get context. You may look at it as a "jumping off" point for further reading.

OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep, I've got it (and a few others from the same author). A very good read, I'd say, it's basically an objective look at concepts of power and control by citing examples from historical records and literature, which makes it a very interesting book to explore. Examples from Machiavelli and many others are included, and, although you don't need to have read those as well, it can help to get context. You may look at it as a "jumping off" point for further reading.

Much Obliged, Good Sir :)