Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet!
icon6.gif

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's some great application. Where in the form is that coming from? Which form is it?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is not really any specific form it is applications of Chen Taiji rooting, Tuishou, Fajing and Chan Si Jin. You however gain understanding of rooting, fajing and Chan Si Jin form training forms and training Chan Si Jin and Tuishou is push hands. Basically he REALLY understands Chen style Taijiquan.

Chen Bing is very big on applications from what I understand and he started training with his uncle Chen Xiaowang at age 6 which means he has trained Chen about 31 years.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Saw him at the Asian Festival in Columbus abour 4 years ago. He was the only performer who received a standing ovation.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What i love is that these are obviously not his students. they seem to be skeptical mma guys breing tossed around by a lighter smaller opponent in thier arena!! thanks for both of these.

Respectfully,
Marlon

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have discovered there is a third clip too and if someone does not post it before I get home I will post it later.

Also from what I have read Chen Bing appears to have had no problems back at Chenjiagou with anyone who wanted to see how Chen would defend against just about anything that any student came up with and wanted to test him on.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Xue thank you for providing those clips.

It will allow people to see more of the martial side of Tai chi and understand how Tai chi is more than just some dance type form.

SilatFan

Green Belt
Reaction score
What i love is that these are obviously not his students. they seem to be skeptical mma guys breing tossed around by a lighter smaller opponent in thier arena!! thanks for both of these.

Respectfully,
Marlon

Actually they ARE his students and/or fellow Tai Chi practitioners. That does not invalidate his skills but I can see how the environment the video was made in (a cage) could mislead a viewer. I believe that Xue Sheng’s last posted video has Tai Chi practitioner Rosario-Graycar getting thrown in the demo. Still nice stuff!

Latest Discussions