The 2011 World Police & Fire Games and Memorial in NYC

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Open to LE - includes karate and judo competitions, as well as marksmanship with a variety of weapons. Open to international LE as well.

http://2011wpfg.org/

The 2011 World Police & Fire Games and Memorial Inc. is an established 501(c)(3), registered not-for-profit organization. The organization has been given the honor, privilege, and the responsibility to produce these World Police & Fire Games. Consisting of New York City Police Officers and Firefighters, the organization was responsible for preparing, presenting, and winning the bid to host this unprecedented event.

The Games will respectfully coincide with the ten year remembrance of September 11, 2001. The 2011 World Police & Fire Games will be empowered by two themes: Remembrance (we will always remember those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001) and Gratitude (an opportunity for all New Yorkers to thank the world for the support that flooded into New York City after September 11, 2001).

Our Mission:

Provide the best possible sporting venues combined with world class officiating.
Integrate the multi-faceted cultural, entertainment, and historical experiences that New York City has to offer.
Remember those lost, and express gratitude for the support received from around the world.

The World Police & Fire Games are currently the second largest multi-sport event in the world, surpassed only by the Summer Olympics. Our goal is to make these Games the largest, most memorable sporting event the world has ever seen.

WORLD POLICE AND FIRE GAMES ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY

In order to be eligible to compete in the World Police & Fire Games, a person:

Must be at least 18 years old and be publicly employed as a full time Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter;

Must have formal Firefighter or Law Enforcement Officer training;

Their primary occupation must be that of a Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter;

Must be a member of an eligible agency; or, a retired Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter from an eligible agency.

Must have been sworn, or appointed, as a Firefighter or Law Enforcement Officer by an eligible agency.

Training/Academy Time: If an agency hires officers or firefighters but requires completion of an academy prior to swearing in, the competitor may use the first day of the academy for the sworn date on the Sports Entry Form.

I'm not eligible, but I thought it was kind of neat, so I'm passing it on for my LE friends here.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Bill. I am sure there are a lot of LEO and Firemen in MT, some of whom may not know of this event.

Latest Discussions