Tell the meaning of the word

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In this thread you must correctly translate the word and then post another word from the Korean langauge.

Yom Chi

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kuk Ki can refer to a flag, but I am guessing you are speaking of self control.

I was, indeed, referring to self-control.

Ch'ang Hon

Blue Cottage - Gen. Choi's pen name; also a term used to describe the pattern set promoted by Gen. Choi and used by the ITF as the primary (often only) pattern set - also used by some other groups.

Next word:

hana

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Abdomen. In the case of Taekwondo training, "The One Point" or the center of gravity on your body (usually just below the navel) where the Ki is focused.

Jebipum mokchigi

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is that pronounced "dweeo?" If so, would that be "turning side kick (turning to face the other direction and continuing with a side kick)?"

Cottonball ahp chagi, dull ryo chagi

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Master McLain,

Straight out of Taeguek 4 Jang. Front arm in knifehand rising block, rear hand inward knife hand neck strike, at the same time.

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is that pronounced "dweeo?" If so, would that be "turning side kick (turning to face the other direction and continuing with a side kick)?"

Cottonball ahp chagi, dull ryo chagi

Cottonball Front Kick?
Turning Kick/Roundhouse Kick.

Baranbai Ahp Chiki (I can't spell Korean words...)

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Cottonball Front Kick?
Turning Kick/Roundhouse Kick.

Cottonball means you would do whatever kicks without putting your foot down; so a front kick followed by a roundhouse kick without putting your foot down. Though I just remembered cottonball isn't Korean...oops.

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Some type of neck strike. I don't understand the first part, so I'll need some help with this one.

R. McLain
Jebi ( &#51228;&#48708; ) is Korean for "swallow" as in the bird: a barn swallow.
Pum ( &#54408; ) means shape (among other meanings)
(it is often spelled "poom" but I spell it phonetically)

Jebipum (jay-bee-poom) is the "knife-hand swallow block" so named because of the wide swinging motions leading into the block that resemble the flapping of a birds wings (the barn swallow).

Combined with "mokchigi," in movements # 5 and 13 in Taegeuk 4 (sa jang) it is the high knife block and inward knife-hand neck strike (you got that part right! :))

The term "Jebi" is also used in Taegeuk 6 (yuk jang) for movements # 5 and 12 with the "knife-hand swallow side face block" - - the big circular movement with the Knife-hand blocking to the side.

I get front kick, but not the Baranbai

Actually, "Chiki" or "Chigi" ( &#52824;&#44592; ) means a "strike": primarily a circular strike rotating at the shoulder or elbow joint.

Ap ( &#50526; ) means "front"

As far as "Baranbai," the closest I can get is the term "Bareun" ( &#48148;&#47480; ) which is used in "Bareun Jumeok" to mean a straight forward, forefist punch. I'm not sure if this is what you are trying to say, or what the "bai" on the end is for.

Morunun ke yakida

My best guess on this one, is that it is a fake or a feign, possibly even to fake another person out and make them think you were unaware?

Am I close, or is it something different

Here is another one:

Geub so

Latest Discussions