Tekno update

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know that some of us on this board have been past fans of Tekno uniforms & equipment. For nearly the past year they have been hard to impossible to get in touch with & their customer service has been terrible.

In February, I sent them an email nearly begging them to contact me because they have 1 unique item that I wanted for me & my students. I didn't hear from them until this week. I got a call a few minutes ago from the owner. He said he has had a lot of problems with staff & a lot of other issues: including supply issues that may take up to 6-8 weeks to get orders filled.

I told him I'd look at his wholesale catalog he was going to email & I'd see if I'm interested in ordering.

So, this once reliable company says they are still in business. If it looks good I may order from them again. I wanted to give folks a "head's up" if anyone still has interest in them.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
IcemanSK. appriciate the info, but if I think I'd be looking for a new place to buy my stuff from. Kind of makes me leary when the owner of the company finally returns an email and states that the company is having problems. I think he really just gave you a heads up that they may not be around much longer. Would hate to see you get burned on a transaction.

tkd_Jaz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I heard from my instructor that they are setting up a new place somewhere else. This was just my luck because I wanted to get a J3 uniform size 5 and they didin't have them anymore :(

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been waqiting for an order for three months, they are in my backyard and If IZ cannot get it why wpould anybody else thing they would, They do not have the funds to nut equipment right now that is what Master Alverez as told me.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been waqiting for an order for three months, they are in my backyard and If IZ cannot get it why wpould anybody else thing they would, They do not have the funds to nut equipment right now that is what Master Alverez as told me.

The way it sounded from the owner you are very right. I'm still waiting on the wholesale catalog to be emailed to me. I figure if he can't get that to me, I don't hold out much hope for them to be able to fill orders.

I told the owner that I'd mentioned Tekno on MA boards & no one had heard from them in 6 months. Most figured they were out of business. So far, I see nothing that says anything different, despite the phone call I got today.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I did receive the wholesale catalog via email that I was promissed. Looking at the prices & the fact that the owner, Alfonso, told me there is a 6-8 week wait time for some gear, I'm leary. I don't have confidence that the company will honestly be around in 6-8 weeks.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I did receive the wholesale catalog via email that I was promissed. Looking at the prices & the fact that the owner, Alfonso, told me there is a 6-8 week wait time for some gear, I'm leary. I don't have confidence that the company will honestly be around in 6-8 weeks.

I have to agree, they just are not doing the right thingbut still I am willing to give them another shot just because they are in my backyard.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All these months later it seems as though things are no different with Tekno. They still have a website & it has a current date updating it. But I am still leary of their ability to fill orders.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All these months later it seems as though things are no different with Tekno. They still have a website & it has a current date updating it. But I am still leary of their ability to fill orders.

To help you out I have never revieved my order or a refund from them. They can never get my business again simply because they do not care about there customers. I love the J-3 uniform but I willl buy other brands before theres. It is sad that they cannot fill an order or even refund the money for the order.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To help you out I have never revieved my order or a refund from them. They can never get my business again simply because they do not care about there customers. I love the J-3 uniform but I willl buy other brands before theres. It is sad that they cannot fill an order or even refund the money for the order.

I agree Terry. I love their forearm/elbow guards (noone else makes them like that!) but I have no confidence that they can get them to me if I ordered them for my students.

Latest Discussions