Tapping out in a real street fight? will it end here?

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
On the streets,expect on mercy;in most cases its either Victory or Death(in one form or another).Training in EVERY aspect of fighting as if your very LIFE and the life of your loved ones depended on it. Choose wherre you go carfully and always be mindful of your surrounds,perhaps then there will be no reason to consider having to tap out on the streets.

RoninPimp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
elder999 said:
It happened to me once:I told him to piss in his pants, or I'd break it; then I let him go. The two times I've choked someone on the street, this happened involuntarily-seems to take some of the fight out of them.

I've been told a story, possibly apocryphal, of an American judoka in the Pacific during WWII. On one of those islands (I want to say Iwo Jima, but I don't recall) he wound up in hand-to-hand combat with a Japanese, who put some sort of hold on him, and let go when he tapped.

Whereupon the American promptly stabbed him.
-That story hasn't ever been documented.

bshovan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This is a real good thread. May I also add the situation when confronted by multiple attackers which totally changes one's combative philosophy as to dealing with being on the ground.

Bill Shovan

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
You May! It defintely would change things. Then, choke 'em out, while standing, and use their body as a shield--LOL!
icon10.gif