Tae Kwon Do Fron On The Edge

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my students from our Junior Nationals team that all medaled in the 90's just posted this on YouTube. Because he works for one of the airlines here that flys to the Eskimo villages and Rusia he gets a discount and rented a helicoptor for $400 to take him and friends up to the mountains of Moquito Pass land and snow board down while helicoptor circled and they filmed from both the helicopter and from the board cam put it all with music just kick ***. Good Job Ian. It hard up here but sometimes from gold to fishing to stuff like this makes it all worth while. The dojang will be hiking fishing and gold prospecting this summer.

You gotta see this

Last edited by a moderator:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could have edited out the bathroom break at the top of the run. But thanks for sharing.

OP
Master Dan

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Could have edited out the bathroom break at the top of the run. But thanks for sharing.

What can I say? oh well I think they did a shot of the yellow snow too? young boys?? I am 60 I sure want to get my 18 year old son from Oregon to come up and do this with me minus the fimed bathroom break.

OP
Master Dan

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I look at all the anguish of students and masters striving for national international and Olympic success the turmoil the politics and everthing that is outside the main focus of traditional MA. In the last 17 years I have never had a student not medal in every event or group of students but so what? The real legacy I look at now is just amazing some performing for the President, Smithsonian Institute, Lead actor in a film beating out Warner Brothers in an awards competition in Germany, Setting world records in NYO or WIEO, Going to Korea to train and teach English, most all who go on to some form of higher education some especially the girls have survived and even sent serious serial rapists to the hospital in the villages or just successfully having good lives my top Female Eskimo fighter and performer of King Island Dance just had her 3rd Daughter yesterday her brother who started when 2 years old just graduated and recieved a scholarship for college like many of our advanced students. Sad to say my senior belt we got her a 4 year all exspense paid university scholarship and she blew it first year because like many native or vilage kids they are too atached to family and get to home sick so now I recomend first two years community college staying closer to home.

I stopped participating or sending students to state and nationals because the cost benefits are just not there we can do better things with the money more equipment more activities here and if we do go out its more for education and cultural exchange.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I look at all the anguish of students and masters striving for national international and Olympic success the turmoil the politics and everthing that is outside the main focus of traditional MA. In the last 17 years I have never had a student not medal in every event or group of students but so what? The real legacy I look at now is just amazing some performing for the President, Smithsonian Institute, Lead actor in a film beating out Warner Brothers in an awards competition in Germany, Setting world records in NYO or WIEO, Going to Korea to train and teach English, most all who go on to some form of higher education some especially the girls have survived and even sent serious serial rapists to the hospital in the villages or just successfully having good lives my top Female Eskimo fighter and performer of King Island Dance just had her 3rd Daughter yesterday her brother who started when 2 years old just graduated and recieved a scholarship for college like many of our advanced students. Sad to say my senior belt we got her a 4 year all exspense paid university scholarship and she blew it first year because like many native or vilage kids they are too atached to family and get to home sick so now I recomend first two years community college staying closer to home.

I stopped participating or sending students to state and nationals because the cost benefits are just not there we can do better things with the money more equipment more activities here and if we do go out its more for education and cultural exchange.
Not sure where all this came from but uhhha...OK. I would hope TKD brings all of that to every student. If you are not teaching life experiences through TKD then you are not teaching TKD.

Latest Discussions