"Swat"ing, when the left disagrees with you...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A new game the left is playing on the conservatives/republicans, is getting their home addresses...and calling in shooting incidents to the police so that the police response is hard, and swift...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/27/cnn-contributor-targeted-in-swating-attack

Erik Erickson, editor-in-chief of RedState.com and a CNN political contributor, reports that he is the latest conservative to be "SWAT"ed.

Local police received a call from an individual claiming to be Erickson, stating that an accidental shooting had occurred at his home. Says Erickson, "Tonight, my family was sitting around the kitchen table eating dinner when sheriffs deputies pulled up in the driveway."
In a statement to Breitbart News, Erickson further explained:
I can say that the Sheriff's Deputy told me someone had called from my number, giving my home address, claiming an accidental shooting.
Whether or not they actually gave the number, I don't know. My actual guess is that, given how we have our number set up, someone called 911 from a blocked number and gave our home address.
This tactic has previously been used on conservative blogger Patrick Frey aka Patterico, a California Deputy District Attorney, and Mike Stack, a New Jersey private citizen, both of whom were targeted by the left following the sex scandal which forced Anthony Weiner to resign from Congress.
Patterico's SWATer told 911 dispatchers that he (posing as the blogger) had shot his own wife, and police greeted him with drawn weapons, handcuffing him and waking his wife to frisk her as a police helicopter flew over their home.
Erickson's tale is far less dramatic than Patterico's, and he explains, "I had already, last week, advised the Sheriff’s Department to be on the look out for something like this." This latest SWATing occurred the same weekend as a coordinated blogging campaign to highlight convicted bomber Brett Kimberlin.

Two incidents is not a trend but it is still two incidents too many. This needs to stop now before some innocent person gets killed...

Here is an article on Brett Kimberlin, another terrorist bomber...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/25/Kimberlin-2012

http://www.popehat.com/2012/05/25/blog-about-brett-kimberlin-day/

First, let's look at some language from the Sixth Circuit describing what Kimberlin did:
Kimberlin was convicted as the so-called “Speedway Bomber,” who terrorized the city of Speedway, Indiana, by detonating a series of explosives in early September 1978. In the worst incident, Kimberlin placed one of his bombs in a gym bag, and left it in a parking lot outside Speedway High School. Carl Delong was leaving the high school football game with his wife when he attempted to pick up the bag and it exploded. The blast tore off his lower right leg and two fingers, and embedded bomb fragments in his wife’s leg. He was hospitalized for six weeks, during which he was forced to undergo nine operations to complete the amputation of his *529 leg, reattach two fingers, repair damage to his inner ear, and remove bomb fragments from his stomach, chest, and arm. In February 1983, he committed suicide.
After being convicted of the bombings and related offenses, Kimberlin was sentenced to a fifty-year term of imprisonment for manufacturing and possessing a destructive device, and malicious damage by explosives with personal injury in violation of 26 U.S.C. §§ 5861(d) and (f), and 18 U.S.C. §§ 844(f) and (i). He received a concurrent twelve-year sentence for impersonating a federal officer, illegal use of a Department of Defense insignia, and illegal use of the Presidential Seal in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 912, 701, and 713, respectively, and a five-year term for receipt of explosives by a convicted felon in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 842(i)(1). Finally, he was given a four-year sentence by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas on an earlier, unrelated conviction for conspiracy to distribute marijuana.

Who is Kimberlin now...

http://theothermccain.com/2012/05/2...-a-bizarre-turn-forcing-me-to-leave-maryland/

Kimberlin is a known associate of Neal Rauhauser, a Democrat campaign consultant who has described himself as a computer “hacker.” Kimberlin, director of the tax-exempt Justice Through Music Project, is also involved in another tax-exempt group, Velvet Revolution, which has gained national attention by demanding criminal prosecution of high-profile figures including Republican strategist Karl Rove, U.S. Chamber of Commerce president Tom Donohue, and the late Internet news entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart. Kimberlin’s name also surfaced last year in connection with the so-called “Anonymous” international hacker conspiracy. Kimberlin has pursued numerous strategies to harass journalists and bloggers who have attempted to call attention to his criminal past and his notorious dishonesty — a “top-flight con man,” as Publisher’s Weekly called him in a review of award-winning journalist Mark Singer’s 1996 book, Citizen K: The Deeply Weird American Journey of Brett Kimberlin.

Last edited:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed this is bad behaviour and should never happen.

Should we list evertime someone from the right does something stupid as well?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Agreed this is bad behaviour and should never happen.

Should we list evertime someone from the right does something stupid as well?

When it causes an innocent man and his wife to be held at gunpoint by the police, I would hope so.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
You kinda miss my point. The guy needs to be in jail, no doubt. The article is an effort to paint every person who does not believe politically what Billi believes to Kimberlin. Just look at the title of the thread. Got news for you guys, there are asshats and criminals from all over the political spectrum. Why is it everytime someone from the left does something stupid it must be posted on these boards, but when someone on the right does something stupid it is never mentioned or some excuse is made?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You kinda miss my point. The guy needs to be in jail, no doubt. The article is an effort to paint every person who does not believe politically what Billi believes to Kimberlin. Just look at the title of the thread. Got news for you guys, there are asshats and criminals from all over the political spectrum. Why is it everytime someone from the left does something stupid it must be posted on these boards, but when someone on the right does something stupid it is never mentioned or some excuse is made?
I just don't know how this guy, "The Left," is still on the street. According to BillC, he's personally responsible for a huge number of criminal activities and while the conservative media outlets seem to know exactly who the culprit is (The Left), they can't seem to catch him and put him in jail. It's amazing. The Left is a serial criminal and must be stopped.

Remember, guys. Opinions (even political ones) don't kill people. People kill people.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
How about voter intimidation like Florida and other places the Republicans set up plain clothes people wearing guns visably at polling places during the Bush elections? seems alot more violent to repress free elections just as the the Poll tax on the poor and elderly making them get new ID to vote when it has not been required in the past my favorite Texas your gun id was enough but not other pieces??????????????????????

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, the left and his buddies sure do like to cause a ruckus. The left and his buddies seem to like violence and bombs, just look at the NATO summit and the guys the President hangs out with.

WC lun, the study is a big place. Post away on what you like. If you want to highlight that guy, the right, then feel free.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, the left and his buddies sure do like to cause a ruckus. The left and his buddies seem to like violence and bombs, just look at the NATO summit and the guys the President hangs out with.

WC lun, the study is a big place. Post away on what you like. If you want to highlight that guy, the right, then feel free.
Then, get that guy in jail, so we can stop listening to you whine about him. Between you and Big Don, there are dozens of threads about this "The Left" character in which he's done just about every underhanded thing imaginable.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Then, get that guy in jail, so we can stop listening to you whine about him. Between you and Big Don, there are dozens of threads about this "The Left" character in which he's done just about every underhanded thing imaginable.

We're trying:

$OBAMA_WANTED_POSTER_(2).jpg
:lfao:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score

Umm No. It would be just as wrong to paint every conservative the same as any conservative that does something stupid. Do you even understand what I am critisizing?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
hmmm... Canuckma, makalakumu, ken morgan, elder, wc lun, steve, last legionaire, empty hands, Sukerkin, Tez, granfire, josh oakley master dan, depending on the issue Bob hubbard, and a few I have missed, and then there is Big Don and myself. Excuse me while I dab at the tear forming in the corner of my eye as I contemplate the unfairness that Big Don and I represent on Martialtalk.com. (sob...sob...sniffle...sniffle...):angel:

Hmmm, I would also ask, which thing that has been brought up is untrue...fast and furious, bowing to foreign leaders, ....?

Now he has gone and insulted Poland....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-outrage-with-reference-to-polish-death-camp/

Poles and Polish-Americans expressed outrage today at President Obama’s reference earlier to “a Polish death camp” — as opposed to a Nazi death camp in German-occupied Poland.
“The White House will apologize for this outrageous error,” Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski tweeted. Sikorski said that Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk “will make a statement in the morning. It’s a pity that this important ceremony was upstaged by ignorance and incompetence.”
The president had been trying to honor a famous Pole, awarding a Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, a resistance fighter who sneaked behind enemy lines to bear witness to the atrocities being committed against Jews. President Obama referred to him being smuggled “into the Warsaw ghetto and a Polish death camp to see for himself.”
Sikorski also tonight tweeted a link to an Economist story noting that “few things annoy Poles more than being blamed for the crimes committed by the Nazi occupiers of their homeland. For many years, Polish media, diplomats and politicians have tried to persuade outsiders to stop using the phrase ‘Polish death camps’ as a shorthand description of Auschwitz and other exemplars of Nazi brutality and mass murder. Unfortunately this seems to have escaped BaracK Obama’s staff seem not to have noticed this.”

And here is a new book on the lefty group Service Employees international union (S.E.I.U.) and their violent activities and intimidation tactics...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1439285225/dennismiller-20/ref=nosim

The Devil at Our Doorstep [Paperback]

David A. Bego (Author)

Bego, an entrepreneur and business owner, experienced first-hand the intimidation, the physical threats and the character assassination labor unions will utilize to achieve their goals during his battle to protect his employees from the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). In this true-life expansion to his successful book, The Devil at My Doorstep, Bego finds his efforts to be vindicated, receives an apology and recommendation from an SEIU ally and describes the final stages of his victory against one of the largest labor unions in the world.

Last edited:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
...and again you dodge my question. Yes, yes, poor you because you are being called out on doing something that is quite honestly underhanded. Please play the victim some more.

Not every person on the left would do something as stupid and illegal as Kimberlin. No more than every conservative is a pill popping hypocrit like Rush Limbaugh. Why do you insist on trying to paint the left like that? Are there really so few real political issues to talk about? Or are those political issue arguements lacking merit enough that you must resort to attacking the entire left with these character assasination threads as your best arguement for conservatism? I REALLY hope that is not the case, but when you post threads like this, it makes it seem so.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The left for too long has been seen as the underdog, the good guys, the guys out for the little guys, the guys who stand up to the evil conservatives, the ones who care about clean air, water, and saving the planet. In the main stream media, hollywood, and in schools across the country, the left wing causes and their leaders are portrayed as the good guys, the ones who care about the poor. I enjoy putting out a little balance to that equation. When people say republicans are racists, I think it only fair to point out the hundreds of years of real racism of the slave owning democrats. When people say the left helps the little guy, I like to balance it by pointing out the soviet gulags, the thug like behavior of the unions, the corruption of the democrat politicians. When people say that democrats and the left support women's rights, someone needs to point out the real history of how the left treats women. For example, the 5 female, democrat senators pushing for equality in pay for women...3 of the 5 pay their female employees less than their male employees. That is funny, and true. Obama himself pays his female staffers less than the male staffers, and yet the MSM and hollywood, and schools say the republicans hate women. I simply like to add the balance that is lacking in the rest of the universe.

Sure, everyone knows Rush was addicted to pain pills due to actual pain. Yet everyone still gives respect to the serial, sexual predator, Bill Clinton. You know, the one who was accused of raping at least two women, and using his power to intimidate the other women who he had sex with or attempted to have sex with. You know, the guy whose wife led the private detectives and staffers to destroy those women to protect their political power. Yes, Rush is a bad guy all right. And so I add a little balance to this great big univers. Sue me...

Playing the victim? Hardly. I am just pointing out that there are plenty of people who have opinions that are different from mine, and Big Don's, who have the ability to post just about whatever they want here on the study. So I would encourage you to stop complaining WC lun and post away. Be a happy warrior for your causes, beliefs or interesting news items. Why so serious?

Good night, sweet dreams and may your tomorrows always be bright...

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really? This is your excuse? Who here on the forums say Repubs are evil, racist, women haters? Not to mention that your descriptions of the left are full of inaccuracies, some of which has been pointed out again and again. Your excuse falls flat. If balance was your true incentive then you would post more about things such as the inequalities of pay in those who support the women's equal pay law and what Republicans would do instead. Instead you post drivel such as this thread, equating all progressives to criminals.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...I believe I stated the MSM, hollywood and schools as the problem...as well as others. I point out a lot of things WC lun. There are so many things the msm, hollywood, and the education system...and others do to smear republicans, conservatives and regular americans that I could keep posting much more, but I have been trying to cut back. Hmmm...was this terrorist bomber not a man of the left? Was the "Swat"ing not targeting critics of the left? Did not obama send thousands of automatic weapons and heavier ordinance down to mexican drug cartels against the advice of front line agents? Are obama and other democrats not under paying women staffers? Did the democrats not stand by as the likes of Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton and others abuse women, and then give them a pass because the protect abortion rights? Did the left kill close to 100 million innocent people around the world following the failed system of communism? (I'll leave off the nazi thing for tonight) Did left wing climate scientists not destroy evidence, undermine critics and promote false science to empower themselves in the debate on climate change? Was the democrat party the real party of racism, that is slavery, jim crow, the ku klux klan, seperate but equal, bombing churches, hanging african americans, and then they call the republicans racists? Hmmmm...you tell me....

Inaccuracies...in your opinion.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
hmmm... Canuckma, makalakumu, ken morgan, elder, wc lun, steve, last legionaire, empty hands, Sukerkin, Tez, granfire, josh oakley master dan, depending on the issue Bob hubbard, and a few I have missed, and then there is Big Don and myself.
What's really funny about this, is that you are so far to the right, you actually believe Canuckma, makalakumu, elder999, myself and Last Legionnaire, Sukerkin and Tez share the same political opinions. That's a doozy. It's clear you don't listen, or you'd know better.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't say you shared the same political opinions, I point out that you are counterpoints to myself and Big Don. You shouldn't assume things steve.

that you are so far to the right,
Compliments will get you no where steve...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
hmmm... Canuckma, makalakumu, ken morgan, elder, wc lun, steve, last legionaire, empty hands, Sukerkin, Tez, granfire, josh oakley master dan, depending on the issue Bob hubbard, and a few I have missed, and then there is Big Don and myself. Excuse me while I dab at the tear forming in the corner of my eye as I contemplate the unfairness that Big Don and I represent on Martialtalk.com. (sob...sob...sniffle...sniffle...):angel:

Dude, it's just that you're out there-I agree with you on a bunch of issues, at their most basic, but you make real conservatives sound like barking nutbags-"Nazis were on the left," it's just errant nonsense, like a lot of the stuff you post. Kind of obscures the real issues....and lumping me in with such good company is great, but I've notably disagreed on political issues with each and every one of those people-especially Tez, Canuck, Bob, Ken, Steve-that Legionaire fella? WHOO BOY!

And I think John is largely out to lunch on a bunch of things-9/11, climate change, and probably the moon landings as well....:lfao:......seriously?

Latest Discussions