Stress relief

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I had an irritating day yesterday, wasting the entire day waiting on a service call at home with a (I kid you not) NINE HOUR WINDOW. When they were finally done and gone I had enough time left of my work day to head in to work, clock 30 min., then head home.

NOT.

Went and "clocked" 30 min. at the range instead.

Shot 3 pistols. Two "new to me" and one for "comparison." I logged 3 magazines in my CZ82, about 8 magazines in my P64, and ran 4 mags in my PF9 so that I could have a "right now" comparison against the P64.

I hope to scrape enough time to do an actual "Review" with pics of the P64 but suffice it to say that the PF9 is, frankly, superior in every way with the possible exception of SA trigger pull (the KT is DAO but has a "stage" point that I can feel). The KT has 1 more round, uses the more effective 9x19 Para., is thinner, shorter, smaller, lighter, and honestly has a far more pleasant recoil. Compared to the P64, the PF9 was a joy to shoot.

The CZ82 was the real shining light. Sweetest trigger I've ever felt on a surplus weapon. Comfortable grips, light recoil, accurate. Only two issues I had with it. First, everything shot low from it. I understand this is a common problem with the '82s. (OK, also I shot slightly to the left with all three pistols - I need to watch my trigger stroke a bit.) The other problem I had with the '82 was that it categorically REFUSED to eat the Wolf brand 102 gr. ammo. The P64, on the other hand, digested said 102 gr. ammo and loved it. I believe the problem is with the truncated cone shape of the bullet. It simply did not give the cartridge enough lift when riding up the ramp to clear the front lip of the case. Frustrating because that is what I had loaded in the magazines to start with. However, it did eat the Sellier & Bellot 95 gr. FMJ and the Master Cartridge 95 gr. JHP (my "self defense" load) with no hiccups so I'm happy. I just have to make sure that any ammo I feed it has a more rounded profile on the nose and it should be fine.

Over all, I'm a happy camper.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Latest Discussions