Store Clerk Uses Can To Fend Off Robber

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43501872/ns/us_news-weird_news/

ST. PAUL, Minn. —
A store clerk in St. Paul wasn't about to be robbed without a fight.

Hakim Benyahia works the counter at the Ave. Grocery on Selby Avenue, never thinking one of his best sellers could help save his life.
The store's surveillance camera captured closing time on June 8. As Hakim was locking up, one final, unwelcome customer forced himself in.
He had a mask and a gun.

Whats interesting is this part:

If it was money the robber wanted, Benyahia says he would have gladly given it to him without violence.
"If he ask ... for money, I help him with money. Believe me. I help him," Benyahia said.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Talk about opening a can (!!)

As far as his statement...I don't know if he is necessarily benevolent. I think he has been robbed before. And in the past, the robber took the money and left him and his family in peace. But this time he feared that the situation would become more violent. Maybe because the robber had a gun and previous robbers didn't, maybe he got threatened in a different way.

Either way....it sounded like more than anything else, he fought to go back to his little boy in one piece. Glad to hear he did so, and I hope the perp can be brought to justice :)

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
That most ancient and venerable of martial arts to the rescue. Tuna-Fu! :asian:

Actually, lucky. The gunman at one point was pummeling the clerk pretty good too. He seemed to have a good grip on the gun and gun hand. A wrist lock would have helped him no doubt. Anyway, just glad it worked out for him and he gets to spend more time with his family.

Latest Discussions