Steven Segal is Back!

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So I went to the movies last night and they played a trailer for a new reality show on A&E. Steven Seagal: Lawman. At first I thought it was another cheesey movie, but then I realized it was real. It actually looks like it will be pretty good. I will watch it. check out the site and watch the trailers:

http://www.aetv.com/steven-seagal-lawman/

Last edited:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I will have to watch it at least once. Here we have imitation of real life now involved in real life. I hope they trained him well so that no LEO's get hurt!

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
watch the trailers. he seems pretty qualified. Been on the force for 20 years. great shooter. has the SD skills. there are a few trailers so if you have time let them all run through.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really doubt the twenty years on the force thing. That would probably be impossible based on how and where he has lived his life. Still it might make for an interesting show.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
check it out. he says it was part time.... which is possible. teaching and training with them whenever time allows. not saying he patroled the streets for 20 years. but an active member of thier department is possible. but your right. could just be a setup. either way, I'm gonna watch.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
That looks like it might not actually be horrible. In fact, it looks like it will probably be better than the last few Steven Seagal movies I've seen! (I mean, why couldn't you have gotten more scripts on a par with Above the Law and Executive Decision, Steven?)

Pax,

Chris

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really doubt the twenty years on the force thing. That would probably be impossible based on how and where he has lived his life. Still it might make for an interesting show.
He's apparently been involved as a reserve pretty consistently. I actually checked this out through some other channels the first time this came up.

Do I think they're playing up some of what he's done? Hell yeah. But I still give the guy credit for the steady involvement with almost no publicity.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool. We can call him the reserve, reservist then.
icon12.gif
(as he has been a pretty busy guy and I imagine it would be hard to stay super active)

That being said I am going to check it out and see if it is a good show!
icon14.gif

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Other Actor Cops

• Ken Osmond, Eddie Haskel of Leave it to Beaver fame
    After his child acting career, Osmond served 18 years as an officer with the Los Angeles Police Department[2] During his time on the force, he worked in vice, narcotics and as a motorcycle officer. He grew a mustache to help secure his anonymity. He was placed on disability and eventually retired after getting hit with three bullets while in a foot chase with a suspected car thief. He was saved by his bulletproof vest and belt buckle. He still earns a medical disability pension from he LAPD.
  • Chuck Norris has also worked as an auxiliary police officer, having been an USAF MP in South Korea. I read something years ago in an airline magazine about him getting to lead a team on a drug bust.
  • Van Williams Britt Reid/The Green Hornet
    Spent several months a year in Southern California as a reserve deputy with the Malibu station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
    If I recall correctly, Williams retired from policing after entering a building that was on fire and damaging his lungs.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Erik Estrada and Shaq too, right?
Actually, I've heard through reliable channels that Estrada and Jack Osbourne both maintained their activity and association as reserves after that tv series.

And Shaq has been a reserve for much of his basketball career. He actually turned down LAPD because they just wanted him for photo ops!

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whilst on the subject, seventies heart throb Bobby Sherman has been not only a paramedic for decades, but has also held captaincies in both LAPD and LA County Sheriffs Dept, tasked with training of personnel.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well the wife and I watched a bit of this last night and I must say I was pleasantly shocked. It was like Cops but with Steven Seagal and it had quite a few parts that I thought were hilarious.
icon6.gif

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Erica DVRed it for me and I watched this afternoon. I'm surprised as well. It is, indeed, very much like Cops and if you're a Segal fan that makes it even better. There were two episodes on last night. The first one was pretty good but Sensei Segal did a bit too much of the talking for me. He did show that he's a damn good shot. The second one seemed to showcase the team he's working with a bit more and I liked that. It was also cool to see him teaching some of the same techniques that I've taught and train. I'm sure there will be plenty of detractors as he's one of those guys that you either love or hate. I'll watch again next week.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haven't seen it. But I always likes Saegal. His acting skills are not that great, but he does know what he is doing when it comes to throws and locks.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DVR'd it last night and watched it this morning. I thought it was pretty good and yes, he was a very good shot. I'll continue to watch the show. :)

Latest Discussions