Beyonce - WOOT! WOOT! Clean laundry thread.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Gordon Nore pointed out in this thread that we are putting too much energy into someone's negative behavior and ... after having participated in that thread vociferously myself, I decided to start with the woman in the mirror. Here's to you, Gordon! :cheers:

So! How about Beyonce, eh? She handed over her time to Taylor Swift so she could have her moment on stage for a music award. What class!

Last edited:

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
While I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan (she's just a little toooo sweet for me)....I was also impressed with the way she handled the outburst and Beyonce's invitation. She showed a great deal of grace in those moments, especially for a 19 year old!

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Way to represent, Beyonce! :asian: Very classy!

Just makes me ...appreciate...her even more lol. :fanboy: -ah...Beyonce...

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's Taylor on The View, where she was quite gracious about the whole thing -- she avoids slamming Kanye...

I believe this is the video for which Taylor won the award.

Hadn't realized Taylor's only nineteen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's to you, Gordon! :cheers:

Why thank you, Shelusa.

So! How about Beyonce, eh? She handed over her time to Taylor Swift so she could have her moment on stage for a music award. What class!

Beyonce has the kind of good old fashioned work ethic that I attributed to the late Patrick Swayze in the memorial thread -- http://martialtalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1219534&postcount=19

I think she is someone who is genuinely appreciative of the success that she has. It's not enough to be talented or to be liked -- it's what you do with it. I'm a good case in point. I'm forty-nine years old. My MTV / MuchMusic days are behind me. I know exactly who Beyonce is and what she's done. Kanye not so much. There's a reason why certain artist achieve a very broad appeal.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yup, everyone came out looking good here save for...well, in the spirit of this thread, let's leave it at that!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I believe this is the video for which Taylor won the award.

Hadn't realized Taylor's only nineteen.
My gf showed me that video and I thought it was nicely done... and the music is good too. Not too big on country music but when it's done like THAT (musically) hey... I'm for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it`s interesting that Gordon compares the "good old fashioned work ethic" and manners of Beyonce and Swayze, and both of them grew up in Texas. So did Tommy Lee Jones, another actor I often hear being mentioned as having class, excellent manners, and a strong work ethic.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never heard of Taylor Swift till Monday morning when all this contraversy was all over the news.

Dude, I thought your a music journalist? And you never even heard of her? I'm not a fan of her music, but hell, I've known of her a long time now.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
My work usually deals with people who play instruments since a large part of my work has to do with not just articles but the lessons and sheet music that go with it. Much of my work is centered around metal, jazz and classical so no, never heard of her.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My work usually deals with people who play instruments since a large part of my work has to do with not just articles but the lessons and sheet music that go with it. Much of my work is centered around metal, jazz and classical so no, never heard of her.

Fair nuff. Not trying to give you a bad time. I know I haven't heard of everyone in my business.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well, if one good thing came out of this.... people know who Taylor Swift is now.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Never heard of Taylor Swift till Monday morning when all this contraversy was all over the news.

Maxim (or was it Blender?) put her on the top 100 hottest women list, so I'm surprised you hadn't heard of her.

I don't follow or particularly care for pop country and couldn't name one of her songs, but I've seen her all over the place; music industry magazine covers like Rolling Stone, Maxim magazine, Blender Magazine, pitching products on TV, TV shows, heard commercials for her concerts on the radio, etc.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting how we went from discussing good character and class to how hot she is.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maxim (or was it Blender?) put her on the top 100 hottest women list, so I'm surprised you hadn't heard of her.
I don't follow or particularly care for pop country and couldn't name one of her songs, but I've seen her all over the place; music industry magazine covers like Rolling Stone, Maxim magazine, Blender Magazine, pitching products on TV, TV shows, heard commercials for her concerts on the radio, etc.

She's a singer, I work for Guitar World Magazine and freelance at Guitar Player Magazine. If you are not good enough to give a master class like Berklee Professor Joe Stump, GIT professor Paul Gilbert, neo-classical master Yngwie Malmsteen, jazz great Allan Holdsworth, etc I'm just not gonna know or care who you are. Pop music adds nothing to my musical knowledge or technical skill. If I can't learn from it then I'm not gonna listen to it and it's not gonna even be mentioned to me by my boss editor Alan Paul. And yes, this does mean the great majority of music.

As for magazines, I'm too busy I really only read what I work on or my friends work on.

Latest Discussions