Sparring Line Drills

Desvaro

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum.

I would like to ask what exactly are "line drills"? I've heard them being mentioned as training for sparring?

Can someone provide me a link to videos of these drills? And also some info on them?

Thanks

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well first off welcome to Mt and I know you'll find plenty of info. here.

Now on to your question Line drills consist of you and a partner doing kicking routines on paddles or bags followed by your partner countering what you have just thrown it gets your speed and agility going to prepare for a fight.
Terry

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The drills are an excellent workout. After we're done I leave the dojang sweating like a friggin pig because I go at it all out. They're great training exercises. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy the MAs and TKD so much.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!

As far as videos on the internet-don't have a clue as to whether they are posted.

There are DVDs/VHS tapes which have line drills: Dr. Jin Bang Yang, Coach Han Won Lee, and Coach S.H. Kim all have series which teach various drills.

Good luck!

Miles

Terryowl

White Belt
Reaction score
The drills are an excellent workout. After we're done I leave the dojang sweating like a friggin pig because I go at it all out. They're great training exercises. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy the MAs and TKD so much.

After I broke my foot 2 years ago, I got a "little Chubby" not too badly because I am rather a strong person. not flabby, but barrell big. Those drills we do, yes makes one sweat like a pig in heat. I come home soak and wet, with sweat. I hope to reduce this extra weight so it won't put so much pressure on my bad foot.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are DVDs/VHS tapes which have line drills: Dr. Jin Bang Yang, Coach Han Won Lee, and Coach S.H. Kim all have series which teach various drills.

Hi Miles (first post on MT)

Are you referring to (spelling guess) Kim, Se-hyuk - Samsung S1 coach? If so, any idea where to get his DVDs/Videos from? I've got the first three Dr Yang ones (did he ever do any more) and the first three Coach Lee ones.

Thanks,

Andy

Latest Discussions