Source for Long Pole in US

wingerjim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good source for a reasonably priced Long Pole in the US? I know of sites that charge @ $200 per, but 5 or so years ago I purchased one from California for $75 and it is still going strong but I cannot find them online any longer. I am looking for a second one now and am striking out.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what a "long pole" is and I'm a little afraid of what a google search would yield.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems like I got mine through Wing Chun Museum in Dayton. I ordered it over the phone and it was about 100 bucks, but that was 10 years ago.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
These are pretty decent for the price. Chinese waxwood, 7 foot. Cheaper when you buy them in bulk. Sometimes get one that is a bit crooked, so it is the "luck of the draw." My group uses these since a good hardwood pole is so expensive.

Wooden Weapon - 84" Wax Wood Staff

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are pretty decent for the price. Chinese waxwood, 7 foot. Cheaper when you buy them in bulk. Sometimes get one that is a bit crooked, so it is the "luck of the draw." My group uses these since a good hardwood pole is so expensive.

Wooden Weapon - 84" Wax Wood Staff
Now that looks like a deal. I might pick up a few of those later this year, when I have a bit more space for storage.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now that looks like a deal. I might pick up a few of those later this year, when I have a bit more space for storage.

Keep in mind these are actually poles and not staves. That means they taper from the butt to the tip.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind these are actually poles and not staves. That means they taper from the butt to the tip.
Still useful for some of the exercises I put students through, where an expensive staff is not necessary. Also useful (for me) for working on staff techniques with an un-balanced weapon. I do things like that to better generalize the movements to whatever is at hand.

Reactions: KPM

Latest Discussions