Something I can't achieve

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny if that is uppose to mean 10th Dan, don't worry only a few ever get their. I myself believe no-one but the President of the KKW should ever have that title but that is me.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I take 'X' to mean a variable. Manny is asking us to share what we believe we cannot achieve in the arts.

For me, I don't know that there is a limit, even as I age. It's all a matter of what one's goals are, and the direction my MA has taken, I don't particularly value techniques or strategies that my body can't execute. So while I would likely have a difficult time throwing one of those 540 degree kicks, it's not something I want to be able to do either. On the other hand, I can close in tightly and disrupt my opponent adeptly and will only get better and better with these skills over time.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are too many things to list I won't ever be able to do in TKD.

But why list them? I'd rather focus on the things I can do and did accomplish.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry, I erased my post cause I feel at the end of it that was maybe to dramatic.

But well keeping the things short, Almost al my goals and troubles I have had over the last 6 years or so I have reached all my goals but one, losing weight.

I had a terrible problem with one of my daughters that wife and I and our Lord (Jesus Christ) pass trough, I pay the bank my house mortage with a lot of sacrifice, even I fought pretty hard to obtain for my goverment the customs autorization I need it, etc,etc.... but something as easy as lossing weight I can not achive it over the years.

No matter how hard I tried I can't went down to my ideal weight of 200-210 pounds.

Now talking about the Dans inside MA, I will never get a 10th Dan but I wopuld like to achieve level of a 3rd or 4th Dan and this is possible.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If losing weight was this easy, the world would not be full of heavy weights! :)

Now, paying the mortgage, THAT is easy! ;)

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manny, If you cannot lose the weight by your own means then that is when it is time for you to seek outside help.

Not everyone has the will power to do all things on their own. Sometimes you have to know when to seek outside help. I suggest you do just that if losing weight is what you want. It is easy to do, just not for you on your own.

Good luck my friend.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You and me manny are in the same boat, I loose and then gain it back loose it again just to seeit come back, mineis a medical condition but that does not mean I give up. One thing the arts have tought me over the years is perserverance will over come everything in else inlife keep going.....

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Manny if that is uppose to mean 10th Dan, don't worry only a few ever get their. I myself believe no-one but the President of the KKW should ever have that title but that is me.

As an aside, if I become President of the KKW does that qualify me for 10th? Because I don't think the president is a skill position as much as a political one. Just trying to find the logic.

Becca

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm... Performing a traditional turning kick without pain. Broken my toes too many times :wink1::lol:

Latest Discussions