someone said martial arts is sh*t

OP
T

tonbo

Kirk, is that anything like what Mr. Miyagi does to Sensei "Silver" (was that the guy??) in the Karate Kid movie? I remember some scene where Mr. Miyagi beats the guy (after he does something really stupid) and then waves his fingers in the guys face and says, "Waahhh" (mimicking the "sensei", who had been doing great big flashy moves).

Had me rolling, gotta tell ya. Your post brought it back...;)

Yeah, I *always* do the "waaahhh" thing. Just as I get into that lovely crane pose before I kick anyone.

Done properly, there is no defense. :rolleyes:

Peace--

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by tonbo

Kirk, is that anything like what Mr. Miyagi does to Sensei "Silver" (was that the guy??) in the Karate Kid movie? I remember some scene where Mr. Miyagi beats the guy (after he does something really stupid) and then waves his fingers in the guys face and says, "Waahhh" (mimicking the "sensei", who had been doing great big flashy moves).

Had me rolling, gotta tell ya. Your post brought it back...;)

Yeah, I *always* do the "waaahhh" thing. Just as I get into that lovely crane pose before I kick anyone.

Done properly, there is no defense. :rolleyes:

Peace--

ROFL! It's exactly like that!

OP
M

Master of Blades

..............:shrug:

So someone was dissing Martial Arts, so what? he obviously was having a bad day or just wanted to start a fitht with someone. I doubt he would have devoted 10 yrs of his life just to call it ****, I just think he said that to add weight to his claim. No matter what you do everyone will always have there stereotypes. What are you gonna do............go round screaming "HIIIIIIYYYYAAAAAA" at everyone ;)

OP
L

Little_Shoto

You mean I should stop yelling "Hiyyyaaaa!" and "Kiai!" when I hit either the <enter> button or the <send> button on my PC? No wonder people are looking at me weird.

KIAI!!!!

OP
T

tonbo

Well, I think this has been mentioned before in another thread, but.....

I don't yell "HIYAAAHH" or other things when I kiai, generally, nor do I do it when I spar. I *do* exhale fairly forcefully, and, when doing techniques, I can't help but laugh at the fact that I feel like I should be using those little "balloons" from the old Batman tv series.....

For those that don't know about those balloons, on the show, when people were getting hit, you would see little cartoon balloons come up on the screen with things like "BAM!", "WHAP!", etc. It was a riot.

Now I *know* I need help.....;)

Peace--

Latest Discussions