Some of the best info on xingyiquan, on the web, is back up

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The original Emptyflower.com was a creation of the late David DeVere (he was a Hollywood-based designer and a student of Xingyiquan). David DeVere created incredibly informative pages about xingyiquan that were part of Emptyflower. Around 2008/2009 the page was sold and became Emptyflower.net, but the info about xingyiquan did not go with the page. Emptyflower.net is now gone as well, what came out of all of this was a site called Rum Soaked Fist. RSF Post on David DeVere

The Ottawa Chinese Martial Arts Association has reposted David DeVere's Xingyi pages and they are very good. For those that are interested the link to get there is below

Emptyflower

Many thanks to the Ottawa Chinese Martial Arts Association for reposting this. And thank you to David DeVere for sharing his knowledge of XIngyiquan

Shai Hulud

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you very much, Xue Sheng.

Xingyiquan is one of kung fu's wonderful little secrets. It's such a minimalist art yet so all-encompassing in all its forms. I've bookmarked the link for recreational reading later in class.

Cheers,
Ally

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Xingyiquan is one of kung fu's wonderful little secrets.
It's probably still a secret, not very popular because its forms can be so boring to watch ...
... if we don't know what to watch for. ;)

Personally, I like watching the power. It seems to be the how, not the what, that I like about watching Xingyiquan.

Shai Hulud

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's probably still a secret, not very popular because its forms can be so boring to watch ...
... if we don't know what to watch for. ;)

Personally, I like watching the power. It seems to be the how, not the what, that I like about watching Xingyiquan.
That's true. It's such a no-frills style, but it's direct and overly aggressive and I can appreciate that. ;)

Latest Discussions