Soap Box Time!!!

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I just want to say that I am part of another forum that I started a thread on personal choice for self-defense weapons...sorry,guns NOT included on this one.
BUT,
My God! Am I tired of people from other countries thinking and "KNOWING" that america is just a country of gun toting,drug abusing freaks!!!
I do live in the UK..but I am still "true to my tribe" to a certain extent.
How many of YOU have ever killed someone?!
How many of YOU have ever participated in slavery?!
Did business with the Cali Cartel?!
Known anyone who has done the above just for purely malicious intent?!
I am SO sick of people listening to the media,thinking micheal moore is a saint and bush the anti-christ and judging WHOLE country based solely on these FEW things!
Other countries have america beat hands down in almost every single thing THEY complain about!
South Africa...stabbing capital of the WORLD!
Scotland...stabbing capital of ALL european nations(and that definatley out numbers the US)
And per capita(which I believe is the most important) some countries that "have no guns" have us beat hands down on gun crime!
And drug abuse...oh man! The list is amasing!
Slavery?!...STILL going on in other countries blatantly and openly, and I have NEVER seen it in the US! and I'm a southerner!
As a whole...Americans are damn good people and would still give you the shirt off thier backs regardless of colour,creed or religion!
I,personally, don't support the war in iraq,but I DO support the troops!
By what they are doing just proves what I am saying.Everyone has the option to quit or not go in the first place,but if nothing else...they are doing it for the guy next to them and for the people who ACTUALLY want the help.
If other people don't like us because of what they see on tv...TURN IT OFF!!!
I have never been on tv and in 39 years,I don't know anybody who has!

If I have offended anyone...I am sure there is a support group with your name on the door!
If I get kicked out of MAT...it is my only regret for speaking my mind.
I really like this place and I would miss you all...specially the cute ones
icon12.gif

But I will not apologise for what I honestly feel.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND FAT FILLED FRENCH FRIES AND TWO TON TWINKIES!!!!!

now I need a new soap box....I stomped this one into kindlin.
sorry for the mess.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, guess you'll have to rebuild that soap box. There are plenty of us that could share venting on the same issues you have (not necessarily on just America).

This could turn in to be an interesting thread! We see others through "multi-colored" lens formed by our own experiences and what we learn. We often don't realize that what we see in others may not actually be what is happening. Sometimes it is a challenge to learn to see things from the other's point of view.

- Ceicei

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting paradox, I feel that our troops need combat training and that without this war our military would eventualy be run by people with only a few days combat training here and there. Objectivly, I feel the losses are far outweighed by the positve; however, it would be nice to feel good about the actual war.
Sean

R

rmcrobertson

I can't possibly have read what I thought I just read--somebody arguing in favor of the war in Iraq on the grounds that our troops needed training?

Please tell me I read wrong.

As for rants about America, well, yahoo is as yahoo does. Perhaps if we hadn't elected a short-sighted, militaristic, fundamentalist yahoo who's jacking around with every social and environmental program he can, who's gotten us into two wars and is working on three though he carefully avoided service himself, and who only got around to losing dope and finding Jesus around 1987, we'd have a few fewer such comments.

But then again, I love it when some of the holier-than-thou foreign creeps--say, France, with its charming colonialist record (can you say, "Indochina and Algeria?), its deep commitment to money, and its current right-wing loon for a Prez attacks this country.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lol - not offended, soap box time can be very therapeutic.

I think there is a some anti-Americanism because of our imperialism, empire-building. Together with that, the fact that "Americanization" happens so many places, because our TV and radio go so many places.

In a lot of ways, we're a big, fat, domineering, open book. :)

Latest Discussions