So I decided to stop being a lurker...

KickFest

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been checking out the martialtalk forums for the last couple of weeks and finally decided to register. I think the overall level of maturity in the discussions is praiseworthy, and quite enlightning.

I've been studying Taekwon-do on-and-off for a few years now. Started out at university with the ITF (5th kup) but then had to quit as I moved to London. I'm now studying WTF style (8th kup) in greater London, and so far it's great :D

As you can see I'm no expert, but I look forward to contributing to the forums however I can!

Cheers!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! good to have another poster from the UK aboard!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk!
icon6.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! We're even beginning to learn to understand the funny way you Brits write... ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! We're even beginning to learn to understand the funny way you Brits write... ;)

What he means is they're catching on to the fact there's certain 'rude' words we can use and they don't understand rofl!
:wink1:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What he means is they're catching on to the fact there's certain 'rude' words we can use and they don't understand rofl!
:wink1:

Of course, being as pure and virtuous as the driven snow, there are no rude words that I understand ... unless implanted in the context of a pun or double-entendre, in which case my sense-of-the-absurd humour-gene translates for me :lol:.

Welcome aboard MartialTalk, KF - we're slowly starting an Anglicisation revolution.

I reckon in another twenty years or so we'll have our American cousins spelling "colour" and "centre" correctly. Not so sure that we'll wean them off "Trunk" and "Hood" in the automotive description categories tho' :D.

Latest Discussions