Small Tribute to my KJN.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here is a compilation of some vintage footage I have of my Kwan Jang Nim, Grandmaster Sok Ho KANG.

Of particular interest, is the clay pavement brick speed break and the 3 concrete paver (no spaces) head break.

Last edited by a moderator:

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
Here is a compilation of some vintage footage I have of my Kwan Jang Nim, Grandmaster Sok Ho KANG.

Of particular interest, is the clay pavement brick speed break and the 3 concrete paver (no spaces) head break.

Nice video. I remember first meeting GM Kang many years ago at GM Kyong Won Ahn's tournament, during the dinners their wives would host, What an amazing spread of home cooked Korean food. He explained to me what Chonga Kimchi was!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thank you Master Cole, if you don't mind me asking are you Al Cole from the Cleveland area?

Mrs. Kang is a very talented cook, I have yet to taste any Kimchi that rivals the hosted dinners at those tournaments.

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
Thank you Master Cole, if you don't mind me asking are you Al Cole from the Cleveland area?

Mrs. Kang is a very talented cook, I have yet to taste any Kimchi that rivals the hosted dinners at those tournaments.

That's me. We were very lucky to have seniors like those men in our region. The 80's and the 90's were a very special time. I miss seeing all those seniors, their families and friends at Taekwondo events. All the Korean culture and especially the food! It was kind of magical actually. I called Master Ahn recently, as I do every year, just to say hello and tell him that I never forget about him and what he did for us all.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's me. We were very lucky to have seniors like those men in our region. The 80's and the 90's were a very special time. I miss seeing all those seniors, their families and friends at Taekwondo events. All the Korean culture and especially the food! It was kind of magical actually. I called Master Ahn recently, as I do every year, just to say hello and tell him that I never forget about him and what he did for us all.

I had the honor of meeting GM Ahn when I became involved in the USTC. He, like the rest of the USTC officers and President, is a very humble and fun loving gentleman. He always has a smile on his face and has always treated me as if I have known for decades. Mst. Cole, if you have his email address can you pm it to me. I have been trying to get a hold of him just to wish him a happy new year. Thanks.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had the honor of meeting GM Ahn when I became involved in the USTC. He, like the rest of the USTC officers and President, is a very humble and fun loving gentleman. He always has a smile on his face and has always treated me as if I have known for decades.

He's also a very astute and skilled martial arts politician. I like to ask him questions and listen to him tell stories about past ustu situations. We see him at least once a year when he shows up to almost all USTC events. He will definitely be at this year's US Open Hanmadang, along with USTU Past President Hwa Chong. President Chong is a different type of leader, more philosophical, but equally astute and effective. When President Chong was USTU President, his direct Kwan senior GM LEE Kum Hong assumed the position of WTF Secretary General, and because of that, the US was always in the loop as far as decision making was concerned. One thing about all of the USTU Past Presidents, they are all great in their own way. You don't become President under the USTU bylaws by being a loser.

IRISH KMA

White Belt
Reaction score
GM Ahn is also a very understanding/kind man. After he moved his school to Blue Ash Ohio (a suberb of Cincinnati) there was a coffee and bagel shop that we both frequented in the same strip mall where his dojang was. One day I was running late and came walking around the corner and ran right into GM Ahn causing him to spill some of his coffee. Rather than being upset that I caused him to spill his coffee he was more worried that I got burned. When the unfortunate day comes that he fully retires from Tae Kwon Do he's going leave a huge set of shoes to fill.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know him. But after reading all the above posts, I wish I did.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know him. But after reading all the above posts, I wish I did.

GM Ahn is a great man. The USTU tripled or quadrupled in size during his administration in terms of membership numbers. He called me last week on my cell phone out of the blue.

Latest Discussions