Small Tasco Red Dot sight?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone remember the small red dot sight that Tasco made that was small enough to be used on a defensive firearm? I have an opportunity to get one and I'm looking for anyone that might have experience with them. I've done some reading on them, but was hoping someone here would have had some experience with them.

Jeff

ChukaSifu2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It depends on where you wish to use it. For fast target acquisition, I noticed it works well if you already practice the point and shoot method. If you shoot against a light colored target or bright light behind, the red dot seems to gleem to much and you can't see your target very well at further distances, but center mass-point and shoot-dark target, works great. don't forget any holster drawing practice shots require IPSC class holster or a drop down design, so as not to hang up sight. Hope this helps some.
Tony

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
THanks for the input. I've decided not to purchase it as it would just be one more thing I need batteries for.

Jeff

ChukaSifu2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Anytime. Yea that is one down side to those types of sights, ecspecially if you don't use them and the batteries corrode and ruin your scope.